We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Combobox cell

I have a GDBG with 2 columns of which cells have combo box style, dropdownstyle is autocomplete. When I click the first column (containing : "ABC", "BAC","ACB", "DAB" and type A, the cell automatically selects "ABC", and I click C, it seletcs "ACB", then I click D, it does not select "DAB", it still select ACB. Summarily, I want the combox cell has both two dropdownstyle : exclusive and autocomplete. 1. How can I mix these 2 types ? 2. When I select an item in the first column, the text is being selected in the second column is erased, I don''t know why ? Thank you very much .

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 4, 2005 01:22 PM UTC

Hi David, only the exclusive choicelist style will select text based on the first entry. The autocomplete style is programmed in such way that when you enter a character at a given position it looks for a string that matches the existing text plus the new character at the next position. This behavior can''t be changed easily. One idea would be to check the KeyPress event and analyze the character that is pressed and append it to the current TextBox.SelectedText and see if there is a possible match in the choice list but I am kind of afraid the devil will be in the detail to get things working. If you have the source code check out the KeyPress event handler in GridComboBoxCellRenderer. That should give an idea what is going on there. Stefan >I have a GDBG with 2 columns of which cells have combo box style, dropdownstyle is autocomplete. When I click the first column (containing : "ABC", "BAC","ACB", "DAB" and type A, the cell automatically selects "ABC", and I click C, it seletcs "ACB", then I click D, it does not select "DAB", it still select ACB. Summarily, I want the combox cell has both two dropdownstyle : exclusive and autocomplete. >1. How can I mix these 2 types ? >2. When I select an item in the first column, the text is being selected in the second column is erased, I don''t know why ? > >Thank you very much . > >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon