We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Flicker on progress bar adv

I am using ProgressBarAdv in a popup form. This form defines a Delegate and starts it in the Form_Load procedure. This allows me to show the form modally, yet kick off another process. My problem is that when the form pops up, the area of the progress bar adv shows the image from underneath instead of immediately drawing. I''ve tried making it invisible until the bar starts moving, but it appears that I cannot get rid of this initial flash. I am using 2.0.5.1 and cannot upgrade, as this is shipping software.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 4, 2005 06:07 PM UTC

Hi Justin, The problem appears to be that the ProgressBarAdv hasn''t finished loading yet when the Form tries to render. I managed to minimize the flicker by setting a Timer to wait 0.1 seconds before making the ProgressBarAdv visible. There might still be a problem on slower machines, but you could always increase the wait time to help with that. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion, Inc.

JK Justin Koh February 4, 2005 07:29 PM UTC

Thanks! That seems to work a bit. Instead of using a timer, I just handle the ValueChanged event of the progress bar and set the bar visible there. There''s still a little flash, but it''s much less noticeable.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon