We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Flicker on progress bar adv

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

24437 Feb 3,2005 01:45 PM Feb 4,2005 02:29 PM Windows Forms 2
Tags: Tools
Justin Koh
Asked On February 3, 2005 01:45 PM

I am using ProgressBarAdv in a popup form. This form defines a Delegate and starts it in the Form_Load procedure. This allows me to show the form modally, yet kick off another process. My problem is that when the form pops up, the area of the progress bar adv shows the image from underneath instead of immediately drawing. I''ve tried making it invisible until the bar starts moving, but it appears that I cannot get rid of this initial flash. I am using 2.0.5.1 and cannot upgrade, as this is shipping software.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 4, 2005 01:07 PM

Hi Justin, The problem appears to be that the ProgressBarAdv hasn''t finished loading yet when the Form tries to render. I managed to minimize the flicker by setting a Timer to wait 0.1 seconds before making the ProgressBarAdv visible. There might still be a problem on slower machines, but you could always increase the wait time to help with that. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion, Inc.

Justin Koh
Replied On February 4, 2005 02:29 PM

Thanks! That seems to work a bit. Instead of using a timer, I just handle the ValueChanged event of the progress bar and set the bar visible there. There''s still a little flash, but it''s much less noticeable.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;