We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

FilterBar in GridGroupingControl

Is there a way to hook or override the Filter action in the GridGroupingControl? I can handle the TableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDown event to populate the list box with my values, but there are two other things I would like to do: 1. Catch the selection of the (Custom) filter option to put up my own filter dialog (like in the data bound grid control). 2. Implement my own record filtering. I am mapping to huge db tables, and I want to either reload the grid with a new DataView on my current DataSet, or re-query the database based on the new filter.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 3, 2005 11:12 AM UTC

Doug, if you want to use your own filtering logic I would suggest you do not use the current filter bar implementation at all. Instead you could add a custom row in the TopLevelGroup (see CustomSectionInGroup example) and there show comboboxes that you fill with summaries (use a DistinctCountSummary to get all possible values for that column) Stefan >Is there a way to hook or override the Filter action in the GridGroupingControl? I can handle the TableControlCurrentCellShowingDropDown event to populate the list box with my values, but there are two other things I would like to do: > >1. Catch the selection of the (Custom) filter option to put up my own filter dialog (like in the data bound grid control). > >2. Implement my own record filtering. I am mapping to huge db tables, and I want to either reload the grid with a new DataView on my current DataSet, or re-query the database based on the new filter.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon