We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Detail Records from a group

Is there a way to access the detail records from a group? Here is my situation... I am grouping my grid by multiple columns. At least one of the groups has multiple categories. I need to be able to access all of the detail records belonging to this hierarchy of group by columns in order to update them with a new value.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 2, 2005 05:21 PM UTC

You can iterate through all records of a group (and its child groups) with Group.FlattenedFilteredRecords collection. Stefan >Is there a way to access the detail records from a group? > >Here is my situation... > >I am grouping my grid by multiple columns. At least one of the groups has multiple categories. > >I need to be able to access all of the detail records belonging to this hierarchy of group by columns in order to update them with a new value.

AA Anthony Avella February 3, 2005 03:18 PM UTC

The tool tips tell me that the collection is read only. Is there a way to edit these records? >You can iterate through all records of a group (and its child groups) with Group.FlattenedFilteredRecords collection. > >Stefan > >>Is there a way to access the detail records from a group? >> >>Here is my situation... >> >>I am grouping my grid by multiple columns. At least one of the groups has multiple categories. >> >>I need to be able to access all of the detail records belonging to this hierarchy of group by columns in order to update them with a new value.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 3, 2005 04:22 PM UTC

The collection itsself is read-only but you can loop through the records in the collection and modify the columns/fields of each record by calling Record.SetValue on the record. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon