We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GroupingGrid Expressions and decimal numbers

My expression field is working fine when I''m using "[MyField] * 2" as the expression. However, if I change the expression to "[MyField] * 2.5" (or "[MyField] * 2,5") it stops working and doesn''t display anything in the grid. Am I doing something wrong with the decimal numbers? The expressionfielddescriptor resultType is set to "System.Double"

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 2, 2005 09:59 PM UTC

Hi Juha, I tried seeing the issue in the attached sample (version 3.0.1.0). It has an expression column as specified by you. expression1.Expression = "[Col0] * 2.5"; Do you see the issue in this sample too? Is the ''MyField'' column strongly typed? Regards, Jay N Adding an expression column_CS_394.zip

JP Juha Palomaki February 4, 2005 11:22 AM UTC

I have the same problem with your example. The expression column remains empty. I tried adding another column with "[Col0] * 3" as the expression and it works very well. I also tried changing your expression "[Col0] * 25 / 10" and that one works as well. I''ve also tried using comma (,) as the decimal separator but that does not work. In my case the datasource is a datatable and the data should be strongly typed.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 4, 2005 03:28 PM UTC

Hi Juha, I have updated the Incident - 16507 you have opened regarding this. Regards, Jay N

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon