We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

License problems upgrading from 2.1.0.9 to 3.0.1.0

All, I have recently upgraded a Solution from 2.1.0.9 to 3.0.1.0 and have had nothing but problems when it come to deployment. (I have removed the v2 references and replaced with v3 as per the FAQ) Many of the Forms (not all) with Syncfusion controls on come up with: "A valid license cannot be granted for the type ..." Examples of the various types include: * Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModel * Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.SharedComp I have tried touching/editing the various Forms as the FAQ suggests, I have also tried dropping the v3 controls onto the forms and have even removed the old "licenses.licx" files and created a dummy Form and dropped every Syncfusion Control onto it, still no success. I can see the “licenses.licx” file has a “GridModel” entry in it, but it doesn’t have a “SharedComp” entry. The strange thing is NOT all forms (with Syncfusion controls on) have this problem. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. Mark.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 2, 2005 06:01 PM UTC

Hi Mark, I have updated incident 16447. Kindly update the incident if you have any further questions on this issue.: >>> For deploying applications using Syncfusion controls: 1) You need to ensure that you have updated the references as noted in the Migrating existing projects from earlier versions of Essential Suite in the Getting Started Guide. 2) You also need to have proper licenses.licx file included as an embedded resource in your project. so: a) Ensure that the licenses.licx file is included as an embedded resource. b) Ensure that your application is indeed compiled with the proper licenses.licx file. You could use Reflector to check your application as demonstrated in this screenshot. >>>> Regards Arun

IB Ian Bebbington May 9, 2005 05:13 PM UTC

Hi, I am also experiencing this issue. I have updated references as per the migration guide and definitely have an embedded license.licx file. Could you please send me a like to Incident 16447 so that I can see the solution to this issue? Thanks Ian Bebbington >Hi Mark, > >I have updated incident 16447. Kindly update the incident if you have any further questions on this issue.: > >>>> > >For deploying applications using Syncfusion controls: > >1) You need to ensure that you have updated the references as noted in the Migrating existing projects from earlier versions of Essential Suite in the Getting Started Guide. > >2) You also need to have proper licenses.licx file included as an embedded resource in your project. so: >a) Ensure that the licenses.licx file is included as an embedded resource. >b) Ensure that your application is indeed compiled with the proper licenses.licx file. >You could use Reflector to check your application as demonstrated in this screenshot. > >>>>> > >Regards >Arun

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 10, 2005 11:01 AM UTC

That incident just contains the information enclosed in the <<<<< >>>>>> in the above post. Things for you to check in your project. 1) In Solution Explorer, open the references node and click each Syncfusion entry checking its version in the property window. Make sure the version is what you expect, and the CopyLocal set to false. 2) Click the Show All Files button in the Solution explorer, and click the licx file, and check its COntent Type in the property window to make sure it is an embedded resource. Then double click the licx file to open it. make sure the syncfusion entries listed (one for each syncfusion control used) there show the proper version (provided you are using 3010. If you are using 3210, then there should only be one entry - Syncfusion.COre, and no version number.) 3) Check your GAC (Windows\Assembly foldder) to make sure the properly versioned Syncfusion entries are there.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon