We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Retrieve cell text by Column name

Is it possible to retrieve the cell text by the column name? For instance I have a ciolumn called Marketid, and I''m currently on row 5, I would like to retrieve the value for marketid on the row i;m currently on. Thx

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 1, 2005 09:23 PM UTC

Hi AMX, Is it a GridDataBoundGrid? You could use the this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.NameToColIndex(); to get the colindex for the appropriate column and can retrive the celltext. this.gridDataBoundGrid1[5, this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.NameToColIndex("Col1")].Text Best Regards, Jay N

TT Tito Toro February 2, 2005 07:20 PM UTC

>Hi AMX, >Is it a GridDataBoundGrid? > >You could use the > >this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.NameToColIndex(); > >to get the colindex for the appropriate column and can retrive the celltext. > > >this.gridDataBoundGrid1[5, this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.NameToColIndex("Col1")].Text > > >Best Regards, >Jay N Sorry yes it is a databound grid. Im getting the following error error: object ''this._AmerexMarketGrid'' doesn''t have an indexer Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 2, 2005 09:28 PM UTC

Hi AMX, I tried seeing the issue in the attached sample. It seems work fine in 3.0.1.0. What are you doing differently? Can you post a small sample? Thanks, Jay N Forum_Grid_7650.zip

TT Tito Toro February 3, 2005 01:45 PM UTC

Thanks for the sample. I found my problem, I was having a type conversion issue. Thanks

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon