We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on : Nov 16th 2018).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Retrieve cell text by Column name

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

24330 Feb 1,2005 07:11 PM UTC Feb 3,2005 01:45 PM UTC WinForms 4
Tags: GridControl
Tito Toro
Asked On February 1, 2005 07:11 PM UTC

Is it possible to retrieve the cell text by the column name? For instance I have a ciolumn called Marketid, and I''m currently on row 5, I would like to retrieve the value for marketid on the row i;m currently on. Thx

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 1, 2005 09:23 PM UTC

Hi AMX, Is it a GridDataBoundGrid? You could use the this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.NameToColIndex(); to get the colindex for the appropriate column and can retrive the celltext. this.gridDataBoundGrid1[5, this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.NameToColIndex("Col1")].Text Best Regards, Jay N

Tito Toro
Replied On February 2, 2005 07:20 PM UTC

>Hi AMX, >Is it a GridDataBoundGrid? > >You could use the > >this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.NameToColIndex(); > >to get the colindex for the appropriate column and can retrive the celltext. > > >this.gridDataBoundGrid1[5, this.gridDataBoundGrid1.Binder.NameToColIndex("Col1")].Text > > >Best Regards, >Jay N Sorry yes it is a databound grid. Im getting the following error error: object ''this._AmerexMarketGrid'' doesn''t have an indexer Thanks

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 2, 2005 09:28 PM UTC

Hi AMX, I tried seeing the issue in the attached sample. It seems work fine in 3.0.1.0. What are you doing differently? Can you post a small sample? Thanks, Jay N Forum_Grid_7650.zip

Tito Toro
Replied On February 3, 2005 01:45 PM UTC

Thanks for the sample. I found my problem, I was having a type conversion issue. Thanks

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;