We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid Issues

Hi We were developing our application on the evaluation version of Essential Data Grid and now we have purchased the full version .But the events which were written in the evaluation version are not working in the newly purchased .To be more specific abt the same In the grid my Cell type is check box Earlier the evaluation version supported the CurrentCellChanged Event .Like If i Check the checkbox or I uncheck the box that event would be called but now It does not .Your early response will be Appreciated.If possible get your forgot password retrival page also corrected coz I was not able to retrive the password .Kindly mail me the solution at my email ID lokesh.luthra@tatainfotech.com also so that I could read your reply as soon as u send me the solution.

11 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 30, 2005 06:44 AM UTC

I do not know what is wrong. What version of the evaluation did you use? Was it 3.0.1.0? If so, the evaluation code base should be exactly the same as the 3.0.1.0 non-evaluation code base. If you were using a different eval version than the 3.0.1.0, that may affect this. Some things to check: If you are using VB, make sure you either have used AddHandler to subscribe to the event or that the handler definition code has the proper Handles clause at the end. If you are using one of our dynamic splitters (TabBarSplitterControl or GridRecordNavigationControl), then make sure you are handling the PaneCreated and PaneClosing to dynamically subscribe and unsubscribe to any grid events. Also, check that you have set the proper CheckBoxOptions either on teh cell''s style if this is a GridControl, or on the GridBoundColumn.StyleInfo if this is a GridDataBoundGrid. this.gridControl1[1,1].CheckBoxOptions = new GridCheckBoxCellInfo(true.ToString(), false.ToString(), "", true);

LL Lokesh Luthra January 30, 2005 06:51 AM UTC

Hi Clay Thanx for your reply .Well the evaluation version which we had used is 1.6.1.8 and the events are not working can u please let me know as how I can get rid of the problem Coz There are around 50 units in which the code is written. regards Lokesh

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 30, 2005 06:52 AM UTC

I just tried the Forgot Password option on our Direct Trac login site, and it seems to be working OK now for me. I entered both your email address and another email address. Both times the prompt indicated an email was sent, and teh second address I entered received the password email. So, I think you should have received one as well.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 30, 2005 07:03 AM UTC

Are you seeing any exceptions being thrown in your output window? That might give some hints as to what is wrong. Without a sample project showing the problem that we can debug, I do not know what the problem might be other than the things I suggested you check in the above post. If you can send a little project to support@syncfusion.com showing CurrentCellChanged not being hit, then we can try to debug it here.

LL Lokesh Luthra January 30, 2005 07:12 AM UTC

Hey Clurch I am refrasing my question . I have a Cell in my grid of CellType "Check Box" - Earlier if I check that check box or Uncheck that check box then I was writing the Code in the cell changed event to handle that checking and unchecking . Private Sub objectList_CurrentCellChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles objectList.CurrentCellChanged -----Code Goes Here------ End Sub Now can you tell me as what are the events that are fired when a check box is checked or unchecked. >Are you seeing any exceptions being thrown in your output window? That might give some hints as to what is wrong. > >Without a sample project showing the problem that we can debug, I do not know what the problem might be other than the things I suggested you check in the above post. If you can send a little project to support@syncfusion.com showing CurrentCellChanged not being hit, then we can try to debug it here.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 30, 2005 07:34 AM UTC

With 3010, if I drop a GridControl on a form, and set cell 1,1 to be a CheckBox and set the CheckBoxOptions on that cell as in Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load Me.GridControl1(1, 1).CellType = "CheckBox" Me.GridControl1(1, 1).CheckBoxOptions = New GridCheckBoxCellInfo(True.ToString(), False.ToString(), "", True) AddHandler Me.GridControl1.CurrentCellChanged, AddressOf gridControl1_CurrentCellChanged AddHandler Me.GridControl1.CheckBoxClick, AddressOf gridControl1_CheckBoxClick End Sub Private Sub gridControl1_CurrentCellChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Console.WriteLine("gridControl1_CurrentCellChanged") End Sub Private Sub gridControl1_CheckBoxClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As GridCellClickEventArgs) Console.WriteLine("gridControl1_CheckBoxClick") End Sub then CurrentCellChanged is hit for me with each click. There is also a special CheckBox event, CheckBoxClicked, that is also hit when you click the CheckBox.

LL Lokesh Luthra January 30, 2005 07:56 AM UTC

Hi Clay Which Name Space to be imported in this case as I Get this Message - Type GridCheckBoxCellInfo is not defined. Regards Lokesh GridCheckBoxCellInfo >With 3010, if I drop a GridControl on a form, and set cell 1,1 to be a CheckBox and set the CheckBoxOptions on that cell as in > > Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load > Me.GridControl1(1, 1).CellType = "CheckBox" > Me.GridControl1(1, 1).CheckBoxOptions = New GridCheckBoxCellInfo(True.ToString(), False.ToString(), "", True) > > AddHandler Me.GridControl1.CurrentCellChanged, AddressOf gridControl1_CurrentCellChanged > AddHandler Me.GridControl1.CheckBoxClick, AddressOf gridControl1_CheckBoxClick > End Sub > > Private Sub gridControl1_CurrentCellChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) > Console.WriteLine("gridControl1_CurrentCellChanged") > End Sub > Private Sub gridControl1_CheckBoxClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As GridCellClickEventArgs) > Console.WriteLine("gridControl1_CheckBoxClick") > End Sub > > >then CurrentCellChanged is hit for me with each click. > >There is also a special CheckBox event, CheckBoxClicked, that is also hit when you click the CheckBox. > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 30, 2005 08:59 AM UTC

Imports Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid

LL Lokesh Luthra January 31, 2005 03:09 AM UTC

Hi Clay I tried the option which you had mentioned using the addhandler but it calls the Checkbox Clicked Event and the cell changed event is not called at all. Moreover there is another problem here as which event will be fired first taking an example I used the cell moved event and this is the event which is called first and then cell changed event is called .Now In your solution which you have provided to me if cell clicked is called , then cell move event is called after that which is required to be called earlier then clicked I hop u understand the problem. Any Inputs I am sending you the sample project also. >Imports Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid WindowsApplication5_7066.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 31, 2005 07:10 AM UTC

You did not send your derived grid code so I cannot really debug the problem. One general comment is if you have derived the grid and overridden a OnXXXXXXX method that is associated with an event (say like OnCurrentCellChanged), then if you do not call the base class in your override, no events will be raised. Another problem is there are exceptions being raised in the code. Look in your output window as you run this project. You will see exceptions being thrown. For example, System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid. at OnTrack.ui.OtDataGrid.OnCellsChanged(GridCellsChangedEventArgs e) in C:\MERCER\OnTrack\OnTrack\OtDataGrid.vb:line 40 I suspect these exceptions are why CurrentCellChanged is not being raiesed.

LL Lokesh Luthra February 1, 2005 01:08 AM UTC

Hi Clay Thanx ....mybase was not called in the overidden method. The problem is solved. >You did not send your derived grid code so I cannot really debug the problem. > >One general comment is if you have derived the grid and overridden a OnXXXXXXX method that is associated with an event (say like OnCurrentCellChanged), then if you do not call the base class in your override, no events will be raised. > >Another problem is there are exceptions being raised in the code. > >Look in your output window as you run this project. You will see exceptions being thrown. For example, > > System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid. > at OnTrack.ui.OtDataGrid.OnCellsChanged(GridCellsChangedEventArgs e) in C:\MERCER\OnTrack\OnTrack\OtDataGrid.vb:line 40 > > >I suspect these exceptions are why CurrentCellChanged is not being raiesed.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon