We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Sudden saving issue

Using the code in one of your examples, I am trying to save an Excel Workbook with _workbook.excelRWWB.SaveAs("C:\temp\Test_output.xls"); However, I get the error "Can not save compound file." What does this mean? Thanks. P.S. This worked on another machine no problem. I checked permissions on the directory, and they were OK.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 31, 2005 04:49 AM UTC

Hi Daryl, Could you please check if another file with the same name is already open using MS Excel?. If thats the case ,another file with the same name cannot be overwritten until the open file is closed. Thanks, Stephen. >Using the code in one of your examples, I am trying to save an Excel Workbook with _workbook.excelRWWB.SaveAs("C:\temp\Test_output.xls"); > >However, I get the error "Can not save compound file." > >What does this mean? > >Thanks. > >P.S. This worked on another machine no problem. I checked permissions on the directory, and they were OK.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon