We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to desynchronize splitted gridcontrol

Hello, I am using GridControl with splitterControl. When the GridControl is splitted into two or four, their layouts are synchronized. That is, If you make a selection in one grid, all other grids will also mark those cells selected. If you hide one column in one grid, all other grids will hide that column too, etc. My question is: Is there a way to remove the synchronization changes between these grids? One use case is: User want to show different columns or rows in different grids. They want to hide columns A~D in one grid and show them in other grids.

2 Replies

DL Dongxian Li January 28, 2005 02:07 PM UTC

Sorry for the messed message in previous post. Here is a clear one. Hopefully. ///////////////////////////////////////////// I am using GridControl with splitterControl. When the GridControl is splitted into two or four, their layouts are synchronized. That is, If you make a selection in one grid, all other grids will also mark those cells selected. If you hide one column in one grid, all other grids will hide that column too, etc. My question is: Is there a way to remove the synchronization changes between these grids? One use case is: User wants to show different columns or rows in different grids. They want to hide columns A to D in one grid and show them in other grids.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 28, 2005 02:32 PM UTC

By design, when using a dynamic splitter, all the grids are created sharing the same GridModel object. I am not sure what else you might have to do to get this working, but if you want make each new grid use a different model (probably a clone of the original one), then you would have to derive the GridControl and override CreateNewControl. There create and return a new GridControl using a clone of the old GridModel. To get a close of teh old GridModel, you can use grid.Model.SaveBinary and GridModel.LoadBinary to create a new GridModel that is a clone of the old one.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon