We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ThemesEnabled issue with TextBoxExt

The documentation for ThemesEnabled says that if I Select Fixed3D for a border style and have ThemesEnabled to TRUE, I will get XP Themed borders. I''m still seeing standard sunken 3D, even though all my system dialogs such as the ones you find in Control panel use the blue-ish single line frame as found in the default XP Theme. If I manually make a colored single frame TextBox, then if the user uses a different theme things will look bad. So how do I get a proper theme-aware TextBoxExt control? Thanks, Randy

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 29, 2005 02:49 AM UTC

Hi Randy, Apart from the above settings you also need to use a Manifest file in your application if you are using .NET framework v1.0 (VS.Net 2002) or you could also invoke the Application.EnableVisualStyles method if you are using .NET framework v1.1 (VS.Net 2003). Refer to the test sample attached that illustrates the same. Please make sure that you rename the manifest according to the following convention : [exe filename].manifest For example, if the name of the exe file is "test_sample.exe" in your application, the manifest file has to be named as "test_sample.exe.manifest". Note that the manifest file has to be placed in the local folder of the application''s exe file. Try this and let me know how it goes. Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

RM Randy Magruder January 30, 2005 02:31 PM UTC

>Apart from the above settings you also need to use a Manifest file in your application if you are using .NET framework v1.0 (VS.Net 2002) or you could also invoke the Application.EnableVisualStyles method if you are using .NET framework v1.1 (VS.Net 2003). > Actually I''m using Delphi 2005 with the C# Builder personality, thanks (just letting you know not everyone out there is using VS.NET to develop .net apps ). It uses the .NET Framework 1.1, but it still seems the manifest file is necessary. I''ll try to figure out why EnableVisualStyles alone won''t do the trick, but that''s not your fault, it''s my environment or something. >Thanks for choosing Syncfusion products. The funny thing I''ve always wondered about was why some 3rd party controls will render themselves themed in design time, such as setting buttonstyle to draw "System", but other controls such as TextBoxes always draw 3D in the designer and won''t come up looking ''right'' until you run the product. I''ll admit I''ve been a bit spoiled by the LMD ELPack Control pack for Delphi for Win32 which gives you full themes in design and runtime for every type of control. I don''t know whether the fault lies with the .NET framework or whether the Delphi Win32 third party developers just went the extra mile in code to make sure themes were WYSIWYG all the time. Thanks Randy

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon