We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using with Delphi 2005 and the Help System

Hi, I do not have Visual Studio installed, and this causes errors during the installation as it tries to get the help system configured. This may be leading to the bigger problem, which is that the help files, when opened, don''t seem to have any indices. is there a way to generate them? Also, is there a way that I can add SyncFusion help to the Delphi 2005 help? Although it could be argued that .NET development has been synonymous with Visual Studio, that''s no longer the case, and it would be great if those of us using C# Builder and Delphi 2005 could have the same level of integration as VS.NET, if at all possible. Thanks, Randy

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 27, 2005 04:11 PM UTC

You can access each class reference from a short cut by creating a short cut for each product reference you want to see. In the short cut, set the target to: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help\dexplore.exe" /helpcol ms-help://Syncfusion.EssentialToolsWindows Change the last part depending upon the product. The above is for tools. Change EssentialToolsWindows to EssentialGridWindows for grid. The short cut assumes the Microsoft dexplore.exe utility is installed in its default location. You may have to change that as well.

RM Randy Magruder January 27, 2005 04:42 PM UTC

Okay, I''ll give that a shot. Thanks. >You can access each class reference from a short cut by creating a short cut for each product reference you want to see. In the short cut, set the target to: > >"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Help\dexplore.exe" /helpcol ms-help://Syncfusion.EssentialToolsWindows > >Change the last part depending upon the product. The above is for tools. Change EssentialToolsWindows to EssentialGridWindows for grid. The short cut assumes the Microsoft dexplore.exe utility is installed in its default location. You may have to change that as well.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon