We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docking Windows

In the application, I have docked windows, I drag one off to make it floating. I''d like to add a menu option to click that will re-dock all the floating windows. Does the docking manager have a property for this?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 29, 2005 02:55 AM UTC

Hi Doug, I am afraid, I need more information here. Do you wish to add a new BarItem to the DockContextMenu that will redock all the floating windows or do you wish to have a BarItem in the main form''s menus that would perform this action on Click ? Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

DF Doug Finke February 1, 2005 04:18 PM UTC

I am looking for info on whether or not the DockingManager has a property or is there a way to re-dock all floating panels in an application. Thanks >Hi Doug, > >I am afraid, I need more information here. Do you wish to add a new BarItem to the DockContextMenu that will redock all the floating windows or do you wish to have a BarItem in the main form''s menus that would perform this action on Click ? > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 3, 2005 04:29 PM UTC

Hi Doug, Currently there is no built in method for doing that. However, this is on our To Do List and we will try to get this implemented soon. Currently this is the closest possible [See code snippet], However the problem is that it does not have the same efffect as double clicking the floating controls, you need to specify the docking position of the floating controls again. IEnumerator ienum = this.dockingManager1.Controls; ArrayList dockedctrls = new ArrayList(); while(ienum.MoveNext()) dockedctrls.Add(ienum.Current); foreach(Control ctrl in dockedctrls) { if(this.dockingManager1.IsFloating(ctrl)) { this.dockingManager1.DockControl(ctrl,this, DockingStyle.Left,ctrl.Size.Width); } } Thanks, Stephen. >I am looking for info on whether or not the DockingManager has a property or is there a way to re-dock all floating panels in an application. > >Thanks > >>Hi Doug, >> >>I am afraid, I need more information here. Do you wish to add a new BarItem to the DockContextMenu that will redock all the floating windows or do you wish to have a BarItem in the main form''s menus that would perform this action on Click ? >> >>Regards, >>Guru Patwal >>Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon