We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Stopping drag and drop

Hi, I''d like to prevent any form of drag and drop on the grid. I''ve set AllowDragSelectedCols and AllowDragSelectedRows to false and also tried setting GridOleDataSourceMouseController.HitTestSelectionEdge to 0 and large values, but with no luck. How do I prevent the ''arrow with box'' cursor from appearing? Thanks once again.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 27, 2005 11:28 AM UTC

In the designer, under the ControllerOptions property, uncheck the OleDataSource flag. Or, from code, try //C# this.gridControl1.ControllerOptions = GridControllerOptions.All & (~GridControllerOptions.OleDataSource); ''VB.NET Me.gridControl2.ControllerOptions = GridControllerOptions.All And Not GridControllerOptions.OleDataSource

MW Mike Woolley February 1, 2005 11:30 AM UTC

Thanks. Is it possible to do this on a row-by-row basis, i.e. enable drag and drop from the grid only for the currently selected row?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 1, 2005 12:43 PM UTC

You can try handling QueryCanOleDragRange and cancel it if you do not want to allow the e.Range to be dragged. private void gridControl1_QueryCanOleDragRange(object sender, GridQueryCanOleDragRangeEventArgs e) { if(!(e.Range.IsRows && e.Range.Top == this.gridControl1.CurrentCell.RowIndex && e.Range.Height == 1)) { e.Cancel = true; } }

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon