We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problem Changing SummaryType in SummaryRows

This is an odd one. I''m using a v3 grouping grid with a number of CustomSummary objects derived from SummaryBase At runtime, I sometimes need to change from SummaryType.DoubleAggregate to SummaryType.Custom and vice versa - after I''ve updated some bound table data. I actually clear the summary objects and then recreate them using GridSummaryRowDescriptor.SummaryColumns.Add() but have found the first time that I do this the Summary value is NOT being displayed at all. But if I alter them a subsequent time, using the same Factory code, all displays OK. I can see the correct CreateSummaryMethod and Combine methods being called but if I put a breakpoint on ToString it doesn;t get called I''ve tried doing things like syncGrid.TableDescriptor.EnsureSummaryDescriptors but this make no difference. Any ideas TIA Jason

3 Replies

JH Jason Hales January 26, 2005 01:55 PM UTC

FYI, I''m also setting syncGrid.Table.TableDirty = true; syncGrid.Table.SummariesDirty = true;

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 26, 2005 04:14 PM UTC

Jason, You do also call grid.Refresh() after you made the changes, correct? Otherwise I can''t explain it. If you post a sample I can look into it. Thanks, Stefan

JH Jason Hales January 27, 2005 07:13 AM UTC

Hi Stefan, Yes, I do call refresh. I''ll try to find some time to create a sample app Thanks Jason >Jason, > >You do also call grid.Refresh() after you made the changes, correct? > >Otherwise I can''t explain it. If you post a sample I can look into it. > >Thanks, >Stefan >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon