We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

choicelist using colstyles in 2050 and rangesytles in 3050

Hey we ran in to a problem today using the new rangestyles collection in 3010. I''ve attached 2 samples. One is using 2050 and the other using 3010. The code is suppose to load col2 choicelist from a stringcollection. it should load 10 rows with and then stop. In 2050 it works just like one would think but we used the colstyles collection. in 3010 using the range styles collection it doesnt act the same. in 3010 it not only loads the first 10 in col2 it load all 128 in col2 and all 128 in col3. now if i comment out the load of col2 and load just col3 then it only loads col3. if i dont use the rangestyles collection to edit it and do it all in the code it works fine. just wondering why it doesnt work in the way it did using the colstyles collection editor in 3010. Ok its not letting me attach a file so i will send it to the email address you gave last time it was doing this.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 25, 2005 04:54 PM UTC

I got your sample. How do I see the problem. The sample initially looks like: For i = 1 To 10 grdDateRange(i, 1).CellValue = "test" grdDateRange(i, 2).ChoiceList = DateList '' grdDateRange(i, 3).ChoiceList = DateList Next Running it like that shows 10 items in both column 2 and 3 for me. Running it with the last line uncommented also shows the 10 items. There does appear to be something strange as I am not sure why the you shoul dsee that choicelist in col 3 if the last line is commented, but that may have to do with it defaulting to the last choiselist if both the choicelist and datasource are nothing. But I could not see any lists with 128 items in it.

PB Philip Bishop January 25, 2005 05:27 PM UTC

Clay, There should of been 2 samples. One which is using 2050 references and one using 3010. The reason i commented it out was to show you that in 3010 even with it commented out it will fill the 3rd column just by the line where i tell it to fill the 2nd column. that seems to be the problem. one line will fill both columns and that doesnt happen in 2050? does that help and did you get both samples??

PB Philip Bishop January 25, 2005 05:31 PM UTC

Ok i just ran them again and thought maybe i worded things wrong. In the 3010 version with that line commented out when i run it i get col2 and 3 filled top to bottom with my data. if you click on any cell you will see it has the data in it. in version 2050 same code it only fills col2 and only 10 records. i dont know if you saw the 10 col ones with text in it and that confused you. click on row 127 or 128 in col2 or 3 in the 3010 sample and u will see its filled with data after i told it to stop with 10 and its also filled col3 when i never told it to. in the 2050 version this doesnt happen. in 3010 if i do that all in code it works like we would think it should like it does in 2050. hope that helps

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 25, 2005 05:46 PM UTC

Thank you. This appears to be a bug to me. I will forward it to the grid architect so we can get it resolved.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon