We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Loading Large(?) File

I am trying to open a 6 MB spreadsheet using the following method: IWorkbook wb; wb = ExcelUtils.Open(fileName); It tries and tries and tries, and finally, my ASP.Net application raises a Server Application Unavailable. Granted, it''s a development machine with 512MB memory, but still... Any ideas/suggestions?

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 21, 2005 11:51 AM UTC

Hi Daryl, Normally, ExcelRW is capable of opening 6MB files but there have been instances where sunch large files have caused problems. Could you please create a Direc-Trac incident regarding this issue. You can mail me the file at stephenj @ syncfusion.com. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >I am trying to open a 6 MB spreadsheet using the following method: > >IWorkbook wb; >wb = ExcelUtils.Open(fileName); > >It tries and tries and tries, and finally, my ASP.Net application raises a Server Application Unavailable. Granted, it''s a development machine with 512MB memory, but still... > >Any ideas/suggestions?

DS Daryl Smith January 21, 2005 01:33 PM UTC

I will have to discuss this with the client regarding providing you the file. I believe there''s potentially some propritary/sensitive data in the files which they may not feel comfortable about my providing it. In the interim, I will log a Direc-Trac issue. >Hi Daryl, > >Normally, ExcelRW is capable of opening 6MB files but there have been instances where sunch large files have caused problems. Could you please create a Direc-Trac incident regarding this issue. You can mail me the file at stephenj @ syncfusion.com. Thanks. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>I am trying to open a 6 MB spreadsheet using the following method: >> >>IWorkbook wb; >>wb = ExcelUtils.Open(fileName); >> >>It tries and tries and tries, and finally, my ASP.Net application raises a Server Application Unavailable. Granted, it''s a development machine with 512MB memory, but still... >> >>Any ideas/suggestions?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon