We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Rendering issues

Okay where to start? I took the sample that you posted earlier for a web browser and extended it a little bit to get more information about a HTML page such as link src, img alt tags and what error is actually thrown when the page can''t render. Start with the URL that is in the text box by default, http://www.google.com 1.) Text. - The text is in the wrong size and wrong font. I have played around trying to change font and it always stays its default font, whatever that is. And the size of the text is incorrect when compared to the same page say rendered in IE or FireFox and it will only size up to 8 at it''s biggest. - What it looks like to me is that is the actual font point size as drawn by GDI which is not the same as an HTML size. 2.) Layout issues: - The Google image should be centered if you look at the html it specifies centered but it is not rendered that way. - The first line of text is supposed to be centered but is not. - The last two lines of text are supposed to be centered but aren''t. - There is a missing link on the second to last line in between Advertising Programs and About Google. 3.) Buttons - Buttons do not display in the standard gray windows format. Is this by design? - Once clicked the buttons have no functionality. I know google is using javascript but I thought you supported this. 4.) Links - If you click around on the links, only a few work such as Language Tools and Advertising Programs, all the other links keeps throwing an ''Index was outside of the bounds of the array.'' error. What are the plans for HTMLUI? Do you plan to support complex HTML displays with interactive script in an industry standard way? One of the strong points of HTMLUI from my perspective is that it is written in completely managed code with no dependancies on IE and all the security problems that entails. Right now these display limitations are keeping me from introducing some badly needed functionality based upon HTMLUI into my application. What is the time line for more robust display functionality? Thanks, John Sheppard P.S. I couldn''t upload the zip file containing the project but you will still see the same problems in the web browser project you posted earlier.

5 Replies

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team January 21, 2005 08:21 PM UTC

Hi John, Thanks for the detailed feedback regarding the display issues in HTMLUI. We regret for the inconvenience caused. We are working on HTMLUI with a view to rapidly standardize on the support for HTML tags and attributes. HTMLUI currently supports XHTML based documents and we are adding support for IE compliant rendering as we encounter issues. We are also working on adding new features such as text selection, keyboard interactivity, searching text and printing to make HTMLUI more compatible as a HTML display component that can be used in business apllications. We are dedicated to fixing all the display issues and adding new features. Please see my response to the specific issues you had encountered below: 1. Text Size: We will fix this issue. 2. Layout Issues: We will fix these issues. 3. Buttons: The Buttons are getting their BackColor from the HTMLUIControl''s BackColor. We do not support submitting HTML forms. 4. Links: We will fix these issues. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis

DC Darin Creason March 22, 2005 07:55 PM UTC

When will the fixes to these issues be available for download? In addition to the rendering issues I am also very interested in knowing when you will address the performance issues. I am currently evaluating the HTML UI control by loading a very modest html page. It takes about 15 seconds for this page to load. It takes between 1-2 seconds to load in Internet Explorer. Thanks, Darin

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team March 22, 2005 10:01 PM UTC

Hi Darin, Thank you for your interest in Essential HTMLUI. The font and layout issues mentioned in this post are still open. I have escalated the priority for fixing these issues. We regret for the delay in fixing these issues. Regarding the performance issue: We have done some improvements in the latest version (not yet released). However, we will be spending more time on performance related issues as the latest release completes 2 major features planned (Printing support and Text selection and Searching). Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis

JS John Sheppard July 12, 2005 07:24 PM UTC

Davis, It has been months and months and no word on issues being fixed. Are they going to be fixed in the next release or should I move on to another product. Its really frustrating with the bait and switch you guys keep playing. I have two open issues that have been open for > 6 months. I purchassed full source and maintaince. Big mistake. Total waste of money. John >Hi Darin, > >Thank you for your interest in Essential HTMLUI. The font and layout issues mentioned in this post are still open. I have escalated the priority for fixing these issues. We regret for the delay in fixing these issues. > >Regarding the performance issue: We have done some improvements in the latest version (not yet released). However, we will be spending more time on performance related issues as the latest release completes 2 major features planned (Printing support and Text selection and Searching). > >Thank you for your patience. > >Regards, > >Davis

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team July 13, 2005 12:46 AM UTC

Hi John, We regret very much for the delay in sending you an update. We understand your frustration in this matter and wish to promise you that inspite of these delays in the past, we are dedicated to fixing all of these issues. 1. Issue with border: This issue has been fixed. The Link to File 5 is displayed correctly in the latest version. 2. Issue with p tag and td affecting alignment: This issue is still open and I have increased the priority for the issue and it should be fixed within the next few days. 3. Tables rendering improvement: We are currently working on improving the rendering of Tables (and other elements) in HTMLUI. In the last few months we added support for new features such as Text selection, printing, searching. We have been working on the optimizations for the Tables rendering since May/June 2005. We will try our best to include these improvements for a build within the next 3 weeks. Thank you for your patience, Davis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon