We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

trapping the closing of a docked window

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

2381 Jan 14,2003 09:19 AM Jan 15,2003 07:27 AM Windows Forms 1
Tags: Tools
Robert N Pardoe
Asked On January 14, 2003 09:19 AM

I am using the docking manager to create an XP Task Bar as a menu on my form that can be pinned or not using the docking manager. I am looking for the event to trap the closing of the docked element. I need to prevent the user closing the 'menu'. Ideally I would like the option of displaying the X or not, rather than trapping the mouse click and then cancelling it. Any ideas appreciated Thanks BOb

Prakash S [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 15, 2003 07:27 AM

Bob, I saw your Direc-Trac support incident and realize that you've found out the solution. I am just posting this for the benefit of others that may be interested. The DockingManager fires the 'DockVisibilityChanged' event whenever a control is closed or shown. This is merely a notification event and does not permit cancellation. The DockingManager, however, has a 'CloseEnabled' property that can be turned off to display controls without the 'Close' button. Prakash Syncfusion, Inc.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;