We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

assembly manager

Hey in testing your new version 3.0.1.0 i noticed a few bugs in my code and had to switch back to 2.0.5.0 to actually change it since the whole department has switched to your new grid yet. Anyway when i bring up your assembly manager I click the drop down to change it from 3.0.1.0 to 2.0.5.0 and when i click it i get the following error message. The title is Syncfusion Assembly Manager. An unhandled exceptions has occurred in a component in your application. Then the click to continue or ignore. The message under that says StartIndex cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: startindex. If i click it continue it appeared to work and after checking it did work. Its weird however the progress bar at the bottom doesnt move at all its just once you click continue its done. Anyway I dont know if anyone else had reported this or not.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 19, 2005 11:15 AM UTC

This problem has been corrected in our code base, but there has not been a release yet that includes the correction. Versions 3.0.1.0 and 2.0.5.0 can exist together as the assembly names are different. You will not have to do anything and if you look at the GAC and the Syncfusion public assemblies folder (C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\Assemblies) after installing version 3.0.1.0 on a machine with version 2.0.5.0 installed you will see both the old and new assemblies. So, unless you have explicitly removed the 2050 assemblies, they should still be in the GAC, and you should be able to reference them and use them in your 2050 projects. So, there is really no need to run the assembly manager to switch from 3010 to 2050. But if you do want to run the assembly manager to move back to 2050, then you should run the version that is under the original install of 2050 and not the version that is in the 3010 path. This should avoid teh probem you are seeing running the 3010 version.

PB Philip Bishop January 19, 2005 11:21 AM UTC

I thought from problems i''ve had in the past that you cant run the 2 together. The problems i had was always because of your policy files in the GAC. The policy files like now for instance after running the assembly manager say 2051. So i''ve never been able to run the new one with out deleting the policy files. Jay had to help us out with that awhile back.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 19, 2005 11:51 AM UTC

The problems should only come up when the assembly names are the same. (For example, trying to use both 2109 and 2050 would be a problem as both use Syncfusion.Grid.Dll as the grid assembly name.) But since 3010 uses entirely new assembly names, it does not have this problem.

PB Philip Bishop January 19, 2005 12:20 PM UTC

oh cool that should make things way easier. i didnt even try it but i will now. thanks for the info

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon