We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Eastern Language Dual Byte Support

I am having problem entering numbers and dates in the grid control. It doesn't recognize dual byte numbers, date and time (such as in Chinese or Japanese). I tried with DataGrid/TextFormat Sample.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 14, 2003 02:43 AM UTC

Hi Harry, It is best to discuss this if you open a support incident with direct-trac, since I have the feeling that we will have to come back and ask you for feedback and check things out for us. In general the grid should work fine with Japanese. We have a test system set up in house here, but we always look for help from Japanese customers themselves. To start with I would suggest that you set gridModel.Options.ActivateCurrentCellBehavior = GridCellActivateAction.SelectAll; This ensures that the textbox is shown as soon as a cell gets activated and thus the IME window will be shown in-place as soon as you start typing. If you continue to have problem can you tell us how to reproduce the problem with a Japanese OS with english keyboard. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon