We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to implement a Complex UserControl Designer

I want to Implement a designer for a complex control (it has several inner panels),the problem with the existing designers is that I cant place controls on my inner panels if this control is placed on a form.

2 Replies

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team May 9, 2002 01:15 PM UTC

If you just want to add controls to the UserControl, then all you have to do is replace the UserControl's default designer with a ParentControlDesigner. However, if your intention is to add controls onto the constituent controls of the UserControl, then I doubt whether this is possible without an extensively customized designer as the designerhost is aware only of the UserControl and not it's constituents. (You might want to double-check this on Mircrosoft's Windows Forms forum) Prakash

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team May 12, 2002 04:08 AM UTC

> If you just want to add controls to the UserControl, then all you have to do is replace the UserControl's default designer with a ParentControlDesigner. However, if your intention is to add controls onto the constituent controls of the UserControl, then I doubt whether this is possible without an extensively customized designer as the designerhost is aware only of the UserControl and not it's constituents. > > (You might want to double-check this on Mircrosoft's Windows Forms forum) > > Prakash > My intention is to add controls onto the constituent controls ! any clue ?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon