We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

dataStream error

Hi. I''m using the GridControl from version 3.0.1.0. When I put the grid on a form (using C#) and then enter Interactive Mode, I get an error when I click on a column or row header: Value can not be null. Parameter name: dataStream. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks, -Stephen

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 16, 2005 06:44 PM UTC

I just tried this with a new project, just dropping the GridControl on the form. Did not see this problem. If you check you references, do they show the 5 DLL''s Syncfusion.Core, Syncfusion.Grid.Base, Syncfusion.Grid.Windows, Syncfusion.Shared.Base and Syncfusion.Shared.Windows (and does not show the old Syncfusion.Shred and Syncfusion,Grid)? Are you using these DLLs with Copy Local set to true?

ST Stephen Trinder January 17, 2005 01:08 AM UTC

I have those 5 references, and I have copy local set to false, though I have tried it set to true. I am using VS 2005. All I need to do is hover over the column header to get the error. It is odd, as I have one project, set up with the same references, that does not experience the error. All my other projects seem to. Some I cannot run because I get either a ''system out of memory'' error, or a ''license'' error, but I think my PC just needs a re-install or something :-) Thanks, -Stephen

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 17, 2005 05:59 AM UTC

Make sure your projects have the license.licx file included as an embedded resource. Open this file with a text editor and check it has the proper information in it (not the old version number or the old dll''s). You can ensure the proper license file is available by selecting the grid on the design surface, and then clicking Touch It verb that appears under the gridControl''s property grid.

ST Stephen Trinder January 17, 2005 05:33 PM UTC

I have used the Touch It to fix a license issue, but I still often get the memory exception, though this may be caused by the whidbey beta.

ST Stephen Trinder January 17, 2005 06:51 PM UTC

The error is: Exception occured creating type ''Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridControl, Syncfusion.Grid.Windows, Version=3.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3d67ed1f87d44c89'' System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type ''System.OutOfMemoryException'' was thrown. O:\AkSoft\Test Projects\GridTest12\GridTest12\GridTest12\licenses.licx

ST Stephen Trinder January 17, 2005 09:21 PM UTC

And here is the out of memory exception: Exception of type ''System.OutOfMemoryException'' was thrown. Edit Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory has been corrupted. The variable ''gridControl1'' is either undeclared or was never assigned. at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.Error(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String exceptionText, String helpLink) at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeExpression(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String name, CodeExpression expression) at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeExpression(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String name, CodeExpression expression)

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 18, 2005 04:53 PM UTC

Hi Stephen, just want to let you know that we see the problem you describe but we have not come up with any solution yet. There seem to be a couple of issue with using the GridControl at design time with the Whidbey Beta. We will continue to look into this. Stefan

ST Stephen Trinder January 18, 2005 09:35 PM UTC

Great thank you! We have managed to fix my reported problem by recompiling the source with Whidbey, and going through and updating all of the obsolete methods and properties. It took a while, but I don''t get the error any more. Thanks for looking into it! -Stephen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon