We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

REGEX syntax and Parameters

Can you explain the syntax, rules, and all the parameters/options that REGEX has/uses? I can''t find anything detailed about this in the documentation, knowledgebase, or forums. Thanks... Rick

14 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 18, 2005 10:31 AM UTC

Hi Rick We will be adding more documentation to the 3.0 version of Essential Edit that will cover this topic in detail. You could use tools like Expresso to build Regular Expressions for use in Essential Edit. Regards Arun

RB Rick Brown January 27, 2005 10:05 PM UTC

I downloaded Expresso (nice tool!) and was able to create an expression to do exactly what I want. However, when I use the expression in the Edit control I get a message box titled "Invalid Results from REGEXP Matching" with the numeric character I typed as the message text. This is the code that adds the keyword: EditControl1.AddKeyword("REGEX[\b[0-9]*]", "Number") Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Thanks... Rick >Hi Rick > >We will be adding more documentation to the 3.0 version of Essential Edit that will cover this topic in detail. >You could use tools like Expresso to build Regular Expressions for use in Essential Edit. > >Regards >Arun >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 27, 2005 11:22 PM UTC

Hi Rick Which version of Essential Edit are you using? Is it the new Edit Control or the old one (Essential Edit Legacy)? Regards Arun

RB Rick Brown January 29, 2005 11:12 PM UTC

Hi Arun, I''m using Essential Edit Legacy 3.0. I also tried this with version 2 and get the same result.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 31, 2005 10:59 AM UTC

Hi Rick, Here is a small sample. Take a look at the the ini file. Any work=d beginning with a c or a C is treated as a comment, as defined in the Tags.ini file: Comment = REGEX[^C.*$] Regards Arun

RB Rick Brown January 31, 2005 11:44 AM UTC

Hi Arun, thanks for the example. I tried it and received the same error messages as I did with the expression I had created. I''m attaching a sample project that has both the REGEX I created and the one that you provided. It''s written in VB for Framework ver 1.1. Once you have it running just type the character c or any number and you will see the error. Thanks... Rick

RB Rick Brown January 31, 2005 01:53 PM UTC

I wasn''t able to attach the sample project earlier. Here it is. Let me know if you don''t recieve it. Thanks... Rick

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 31, 2005 05:15 PM UTC

Hi Rick It looks like setting MatchCase=1 in the ini file seems to be creating this problem, whereas if you set MatchCase=0 it works fine. Can you try this out and let us know if you are still encountering problems. Regards Arun

RB Rick Brown January 31, 2005 05:35 PM UTC

Hi Arun, Setting MatchCase to false had no impact. I still get the error. Thanks... Rick

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 1, 2005 02:37 PM UTC

Hi Rick Can you email your sample to support@syncfusion.com so that we can take a look? Regards Arun

RB Rick Brown February 1, 2005 07:38 PM UTC

Arun, I emailed my example in a zip file to support@syncfusion.com Thanks... Rick

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 1, 2005 10:04 PM UTC

Hi Rick We did not recieve the sample. Can you try again. Thanks Arun

RB Rick Brown February 2, 2005 12:00 PM UTC

You should have it now. It went out at 8:30 EST this morning.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 2, 2005 02:25 PM UTC

Hi Rick Here is a modified version of the sample after some minor changes in the Form_Load() to work around this issue in the older (legacy) version of Essential Edit: Me.EditControl1.SettingFile = Me.EditControl1.PLSQLIni Me.EditControl1.MatchCase = True Me.EditControl1.AddColorGroup("Number", Color.Red, Color.Yellow, True, True, Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Edit.EditColorGroupType.RegularText) Me.EditControl1.AddKeyword("REGEX[^(C|c).*]", "Number") Me.EditControl1.MatchCase = False Sorry for the inconvenience and going back and forth on this issue. I will follow up with the Essential Edit team to check this out in the newer version of Essential Edit. Regards Arun

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon