We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hiding dataset relation

I''m currently using your latest version of the grouping grid. I''m using a datatable from a dataset as the datasource of the grid. The table has a relation with another table in the dataset and this relation is showing up in the grid. We only want the data from the datasource table to be displayed in the grid. Is there a way to stop this from happening (besides removing the relation or using the table outside of the dataset)? Thanks

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 14, 2005 05:17 PM UTC

After setting the datasource on the grid, try calling this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Relations.Clear();

AA Anthony Avella January 14, 2005 06:21 PM UTC

Will I lose the relation in the dataset? >After setting the datasource on the grid, try calling > >this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Relations.Clear(); >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 14, 2005 09:53 PM UTC

No. Just in the grid.

AA Anthony Avella January 18, 2005 06:17 PM UTC

Thanks. Another dataset question: If changes are made to the underlying dataset after the grid is displayed with that dataset''s data in it, how can I have the dataset''s updates displayed in the grid? >No. Just in the grid.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 18, 2005 06:57 PM UTC

If you are talking about changing values in the data, or removing records or adding records in the data, these changes should be reflected in the grid with no further work on your part. If you are talking about changing the schema for the dataset, you may have to rebind it. Take a look at this sample that shows how to rebind the grid. Syncfusion\Essential Suite\3.0.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grouping\GridGroupingRebind

AA Anthony Avella January 19, 2005 10:23 AM UTC

Changes are made to the dataset programatically, not by the user in the grid. When these changes are made to the dataset, they are not reflected in the grid. What do I need to do? >If you are talking about changing values in the data, or removing records or adding records in the data, these changes should be reflected in the grid with no further work on your part. > >If you are talking about changing the schema for the dataset, you may have to rebind it. Take a look at this sample that shows how to rebind the grid. Syncfusion\Essential Suite\3.0.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grouping\GridGroupingRebind

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 19, 2005 10:48 AM UTC

>>Changes are made to the dataset programatically Can you post the line of code that makes one of these changes so it is clear exactly what kind of changes you are doing? If you are programaticcally changing values in the datasource, these changes should just show up. Here is a little sample that updates a DataTable on a worker thread, and these changes just appear in the grid. http://www.syncfusion.com/forums/Uploads/GGC_GDBG_Updating.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon