We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Databound grids - relation between them

I currently have a screen on which I have 3 databound grids. When I select a record in the first grid, it displays the corresponding records in grid 2 and 3. If I do the same in grid 2, grid 3 displays only records of the selected record in grid 2. My problem is that when I add a new record in grid 2 and try to add records to it in grid 3, it gives me an error. For your info, grid 2 displays only a combobox and the value selected in it is a key in grid 2 and 3. How do I force grid 2 to accept the new record when the user leaves the control? Thank you for your help

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 14, 2003 02:47 AM UTC

Do you have a small sample project (e.g with Northwind database) that we could just take and correct for you so that it works? Stefan

PC Pascal Couture January 15, 2003 12:32 PM UTC

I've built you a small sample of my form. Essentially, I created basic records with the AddRow commands so you can run the sample. You must first create "Real Interconnections" at the right of the screen. P.S. I've removed stuff that you don't need so this is why the screen ain't properly formatted. Thank you for your help Can you send me an email when you're done?

PC Pascal Couture January 29, 2003 01:17 PM UTC

Did you ever get a chance to fix this problem?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 29, 2003 03:54 PM UTC

Pascal, Sorry for the delay. I have looked at your sample off and on since you uploaded it, but really could not make any headway with it. So I changed the GridDataBoundGrids to DataGrids, and there, I see the same behavior. So, I think there is something about the design that is not set up properly, or maybe not even supported. Attached is the sample using the DataGrid. Now, I think you could possibly work around this problem in the GridDataBoundGrid by dynamically setting the default values for your third grid as they are generated in the second grid. But this does not try to resolve whatever the basic problem is. Can you get things to work properly with the DataGrid? Clay

PC Pascal Couture January 30, 2003 03:28 PM UTC

Hi Clay, I would of hoped to do it with the bound grids... But I guess I can do it without. From further testing, I think it does the same thing with the Vb.net datagrids... Thanks for your help.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon