We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

XPMenus problem

I have an application very similar to the XPMenusMDI example. What I am wanting to do though is create an instance of either the text editor or image editor outside the main form. In doing this though, the new form would require its own toolbars as specified in the ChildFrameBarManager. Is this possible? Thanks for any help on this.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 14, 2005 07:51 PM UTC

Hi Steve, According to my understanding, you wish to have a stand-alone application form which can support XPMenus. Yes, it is possible to do so. You could either use the MainFrameBarManager or the XPToolbar for this purpose. Please refer to the samples - XPMenusSDI and XPToolbarsAndContextMenus for more information. Let me know if you need further assistance. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

SB Steve Bryant January 16, 2005 05:57 PM UTC

Guru Thanks for your reply. I''m sorry I should have been a bit more specific with my problem. I am wanting an MDI type application where the child can be opened either within or outside the main form. I''m guessing I have to use the XPToolbar as a ChildFrameBarManager doesn''t seem to give the menus when opening outside the MDI parent, but I can''t get the child forms menus to merge. Any help you could give would be much appreciated. Attached is a basic example of what I am doing. XPMenusProblem_1698.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 17, 2005 03:02 PM UTC

Hi Steve, I would recommend sticking with the BarManagers. In order to have the menu merged when opened inside, but still show up when opened outside, you''ll want to declare a BarManager, but then assign it an instance of either MainFrameBarManager or ChildFrameBarManager depending on which constructor is called. You''ll want to create two separate constructors for your second Form. One for inside and one for outside. You''ll use an instance of ChildFrameBarManager for inside and MainFrameBarManager for outside. I''ve included a sample to demonstrate this. insideoutsidebarmanager_4900.zip Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion, Inc.

SB Steve Bryant January 18, 2005 05:19 PM UTC

Thanks for that Gregory, just what I required.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon