We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

DataBoundGrid - Column Customization

Id there a way for me to Customize the column... i.e. can I give custom Header Names, and programmatically change the order of the columns and the size? Also...can I set up the columns ahead of time where I bind a specific column to a property in my custom DataSource...i.e column0 is bound to the CustomerName property of the CustomerList? So far, I''m highly impressed by the performance of this grid...it''s much better than the one we are currently using, but I want to make sure I can accomplish all the same functionality before I suggest a full switch. Thanks for the help

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 13, 2005 05:04 PM UTC

Yes. At runtime, you can use the GridBoundColumn for the column to set the HeaderText. (Found in grid.GridBoundColumns if you explicitly added the GridBoundColumns, or in grid.Binder.InternalColumns if you did not). To set the colwidth, use grid.Model.ColWidth[col] to set the column width for the column. To change the column order at run time, use grid.Model.Cols.MoveRange.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon