We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Copying chart to Clipboard - dark blue border???

When I copy a chart to the Clipboard, i.e. Image img = new Bitmap( chartControl.Width, chartControl.Height ); chartControl.Draw( img ); Clipboard.SetDataObject( img ); then paste it into another document (e.g. a PowerPoint document), the region outside the ChartArea has a dark blue color. Doesn''t seem to matter what BackColor I give the ChartControl, always comes out dark blue. The same thing basically happens if I save the image to a file, alhough the color is different depending on what app I use to view the file. Note that this doesn''t appear to happen if I print the chart via the PrintDocument. Is this avoidable? It''s very inconvenient because that''s where the chart title is and you can''t see it.

8 Replies

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team January 13, 2005 06:43 PM UTC

Hi Bob, Thanks for the information. I have been able to reproduce the problem with copying the image to the clipboard (Saving to a image file does not have this problem in my testing - see sample linked to below) F23482ChartClipboardCopy_6263.zip I have asked our development team to look into this problem and we should have a solution as soon as possible. Thanks, Davis

BH Bob Hogan January 13, 2005 06:52 PM UTC

On my machine when I click the "View Image" button after clicking "Export Image" button, the Windows Picture Fax Viewer comes up with the image, and region outside the "ChartArea", i.e. the region where the chart title is, is colored light blue although the color of this area in the chart control when the app is running is beige. Isn''t that what you see.

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team January 13, 2005 08:26 PM UTC

Hi Bob, I tried opening the saved image with Windows Fax Photo Viewer and 602 Photo and it appears fine. However, when I open it in MSPaint, it has a black background. Something is wrong with the colors exported. I will update you as soon as I know what is causing the problem. Thanks, Davis

RU Rune April 19, 2005 10:48 AM UTC

What is the status of this issue? Rune

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 19, 2005 07:24 PM UTC

Hi Rune, This issue has been fixed in version 3.2 Please login to Direct-Trac to download version 3.2 Thanks, Davis

RU Rune April 20, 2005 07:08 AM UTC

OK, thank you. I will download version 3.2. Rune

RU Rune April 20, 2005 08:12 AM UTC

I can''t find version 3.2 on Direct-Track. I have a license on "Essential Studio Professional Edition Binary". Under "Download the latest version" i find version 3.0.1.0. How do i get version 3.2? Am i missing something here? :) Rune

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team April 20, 2005 01:20 PM UTC

Hi Rune, Please try this: Essential Studio 3.2 Release Candidate available for download Essential Studio version 3.2.0.0 RC is available for download. Please download from http://64.78.18.34/squiffler/patches/v3.2.0.0/syncfusionessentialstudiosetup.exe This version will automatically allow you to retrieve a key. Thanks, Davis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon