We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DataGridColoredTextBoxColumn and DataGrid Sorting

I've got a datagrid with RED, BLACK, and GREEN cells for % changes. (Thanks for the FAQ on this). But my datagrid is sortable and the colors of the textboxes are fixed. Can anyone suggest a solution ? Tim

4 Replies

OU Oussax January 12, 2003 09:47 AM UTC

This may help you: when creating your datagrid columns, let them inherit from this class and not from the DataGridTextBoxcolumn. Now this code will go and check the data of the datagrid cell on the row selected and in my case on the column 1. You should chose the percentage column in your case. Then a check is going to be made on the value of the cell chosen: In my case i have 2 choices In your case you should make the switch on the percentage value entered in the cell. let the cases be of the type : 0 < value < 10 ..... 10 <= value < 20 .......... Automaticaly the colors of all the row cells will change to the color selected. I hope that this will help you. If you have any questions just mail me Moussa.Azar@ifsal.com public class DataGridColoredTextBoxColumn : DataGridTextBoxColumn { TransDetail trans; public DataGridColoredTextBoxColumn(TransDetail TransTemp) { trans = TransTemp; } protected override void Paint(System.Drawing.Graphics g, System.Drawing.Rectangle bounds, System.Windows.Forms.CurrencyManager source, int rowNum, System.Drawing.Brush backBrush, System.Drawing.Brush foreBrush, bool alignToRight) { // the idea is to conditionally set the foreBrush and/or backbrush // depending upon some crireria on the cell value try { if (rowNum != trans.dtgTrans.CurrentRowIndex) { DataGridCell cell = new DataGridCell(rowNum,1); // Saves the value of the cell into a string string c = trans.dtgTrans[cell].ToString(); // Checks the value of that string with the 2 options switch(c) { case "Payment": { backBrush = new SolidBrush(Color.Beige); foreBrush = new SolidBrush(Color.Brown); break; } case "Bill": { backBrush = new SolidBrush(Color.LightGray); foreBrush = new SolidBrush(Color.Gray); break; } } } } catch { // Do nothing } finally { // make sure the base class gets called to do the drawing with // the possibly changed brushes base.Paint(g, bounds, source, rowNum, backBrush, foreBrush, alignToRight); } } }

JW Jen Wardwell January 2, 2004 07:41 PM UTC

I am having this problem too. I was going to try your code but I couldn't figure out what transDetail variable is supposed to be. Any help?

MI Milind February 5, 2004 05:08 PM UTC

Has anyone figured out what the TransDetail object is all about ? > I've got a datagrid with RED, BLACK, and GREEN cells for % changes. (Thanks for the FAQ on this). > > But my datagrid is sortable and the colors of the textboxes are fixed. > > Can anyone suggest a solution ? > > Tim

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 25, 2004 05:52 PM UTC

> This may help you: > when creating your datagrid columns, let them inherit from this class and not from the DataGridTextBoxcolumn. > Now this code will go and check the data of the datagrid cell on the row selected and in my case on the column 1. > You should chose the percentage column in your case. > > Then a check is going to be made on the value of the cell chosen: In my case i have 2 choices > In your case you should make the switch on the percentage value entered in the cell. > let the cases be of the type : 0 < value < 10 ..... 10 <= value < 20 .......... > > Automaticaly the colors of all the row cells will change to the color selected. > > > I hope that this will help you. If you have any questions just mail me Moussa.Azar@ifsal.com > > > > public class DataGridColoredTextBoxColumn : DataGridTextBoxColumn > { > TransDetail trans; > > public DataGridColoredTextBoxColumn(TransDetail TransTemp) > { > trans = TransTemp; > } > > protected override void Paint(System.Drawing.Graphics g, > System.Drawing.Rectangle bounds, System.Windows.Forms.CurrencyManager > source, int rowNum, System.Drawing.Brush backBrush, System.Drawing.Brush > foreBrush, bool alignToRight) > { > // the idea is to conditionally set the foreBrush and/or backbrush > // depending upon some crireria on the cell value > try > { > if (rowNum != trans.dtgTrans.CurrentRowIndex) > { > DataGridCell cell = new DataGridCell(rowNum,1); > // Saves the value of the cell into a string > string c = trans.dtgTrans[cell].ToString(); > > // Checks the value of that string with the 2 options > switch(c) > { > case "Payment": > { > backBrush = new SolidBrush(Color.Beige); > foreBrush = new SolidBrush(Color.Brown); > break; > } > case "Bill": > { > backBrush = new SolidBrush(Color.LightGray); > foreBrush = new SolidBrush(Color.Gray); > break; > } > } > } > } > catch > { > // Do nothing > } > finally > { > // make sure the base class gets called to do the drawing with > // the possibly changed brushes > base.Paint(g, bounds, source, rowNum, backBrush, foreBrush, alignToRight); > } > } > }

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon