We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Column header grouping

I''m having a hard time finding out how to create columns that can be grouped. I don''t believe that what I''m asking for has anything to do with the grouping product. I simply want to be able to group columns like so: Employee Spouse First|Last First|Last The datasource that the grid is attached to contains 4 columns in this example. Employee_First,Employee_Last,Spouse_First,Spouse_Last. You can find an example of what I''m trying to do at: http://www.amerexenergy.com/temp/gridexample.xls Please let me know if you need further clarification. Thank you.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 12, 2005 04:07 PM UTC

If you want to use a GridControl, you can just set this up using coveredcells, Rows.HeaderCount and setting the values in the cells. Getting teh clicks to work takes more effort. But if you want to use a GridDataBoundGrid, it becomes more work because of the binding. Here is a sample of a helper that wraps the functionality needed to add header rows and let the bottom header row move columns, double-click sort columns, and size columns. You may need to tweak the code to get the exact functionailty that you need.

MP Michael Prince January 12, 2005 04:11 PM UTC

Thank you Clay. I''ll take a look at it.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon