We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Column header grouping

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

23421 Jan 12,2005 08:00 AM Jan 12,2005 11:11 AM Windows Forms 2
Tags: GridControl
Michael Prince
Asked On January 12, 2005 08:00 AM

I''m having a hard time finding out how to create columns that can be grouped. I don''t believe that what I''m asking for has anything to do with the grouping product. I simply want to be able to group columns like so: Employee Spouse First|Last First|Last The datasource that the grid is attached to contains 4 columns in this example. Employee_First,Employee_Last,Spouse_First,Spouse_Last. You can find an example of what I''m trying to do at: http://www.amerexenergy.com/temp/gridexample.xls Please let me know if you need further clarification. Thank you.

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 12, 2005 11:07 AM

If you want to use a GridControl, you can just set this up using coveredcells, Rows.HeaderCount and setting the values in the cells. Getting teh clicks to work takes more effort. But if you want to use a GridDataBoundGrid, it becomes more work because of the binding. Here is a sample of a helper that wraps the functionality needed to add header rows and let the bottom header row move columns, double-click sort columns, and size columns. You may need to tweak the code to get the exact functionailty that you need.

Michael Prince
Replied On January 12, 2005 11:11 AM

Thank you Clay. I''ll take a look at it.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;