We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

frozen/hidden columns

I''m noticing some interesting behavior in 3.0 and was hoping to get perhaps a small explanation of the methodology behind how frozen and hidden columns are supposed to interact with each other. I think I''m seeing some inconsistencies and need to know how I should proceed. If I create a default grid control on a form (10 columns) and then in code hide column 2 and make the frozen count 3, then I see 2 frozen columns - what I would expect. However, if I reverse the order - freeze, then hide - I only see one frozen column. I have tracked the reason for this down to a method in the GridModel class: internal void RaiseColsHiding(GridRowColHidingEventArgs e) { if (e.From <= this.Cols.FrozenCount) { this.Cols.FrozenCount = Math.Max(0, e.From - 1); } OnColsHiding(e); } Can you help me understand why the frozen count is being modified when hiding a column within the frozen range, but setting the frozen count doesn''t seem to care what columns are hidden? Thanks, Terry

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 11, 2005 02:36 PM UTC

Hi Terry, This is a work around we put into our codebase for a problem with a lockup during column dragging when the first and last column was hidden. But you are right, the order how properties are set should not result in different outcome. We will have to investigate the original problem again and see if another fix can be found. In the meantime you should just keep in mind that the order in which these two properties are set affect the outcome. Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon