We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

CurrentCell.MoveTo causes 100% CPU after using GridFindReplaceDialogSink

I am using the GridFindReplaceDialogSink to search through my grid based on a text field. In the textchanged event I call my find procedure. But from here I always need to search from the first location in the datagrid, so I use grid.CurrentCell.MoveTo(1,1); When using this line, I occasionally get my CPU usage being maxed out. The view of the entire form will not refresh (even if forced). Without the moveto line, none of this occurs, but my starting point is lost after the first character is typed Any ideas? Thanks,

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 11, 2005 02:06 PM UTC

So the field you are editing and the TextChanged event is from a TextBox on the Form and has nothing to do with the grid, correct? Do you get any exceptions being shown in the output window when you see this problem? (You might try setting Break on exception just to be sure.) If you have the source code, you can use our Assembly Manager to build and set up for use a debug version of our libraries. Then you could run your application in debug. When this problem occurs, you could then try to do a Break All, and get a call stack. This might give some insight into this problem. Just something to try. Before calling grid.CurrentMoveTo, try calling grid.Focus() to make sure teh grid has focus when you call CurrentCell.MoveTo.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 11, 2005 03:20 PM UTC

Yes I am using a separate TextBox. Setting the focus of the grid, and the returning the focus to the TextBox after the search fixed the problem. Thanks

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon