We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Upgraded to v3 - Pressing TAB or ARROW moves to readonly/not Enabled Cols

Hello, Just upgraded to v3 of GroupingGrid and have this issue. We have a grouping grid with various readonly and non editable columns, and one or two editable columns If I click on, say, a checkbox col and press tab, the previous version would then jump to the next editable non readonly column. In this version it jumpts to next consequtive column - which is readonly and not editable. These are the styles we apply to readonly cols GridTableCellStyleInfo readOnlyStyle = new GridTableCellStyleInfo(); readOnlyStyle.CellType = STATIC_TYPE; readOnlyStyle.Trimming = System.Drawing.StringTrimming.EllipsisCharacter; readOnlyStyle.ReadOnly = true; readOnlyStyle.Enabled = false; and this our editable style: GridTableCellStyleInfo editableStyle = new GridTableCellStyleInfo(); editableStyle.ValidateValue.Minimum = minEditValue; editableStyle.ValidateValue.Maximum = maxEditValue; editableStyle.Trimming = System.Drawing.StringTrimming.EllipsisCharacter; editableStyle.ReadOnly = false; Have we missed something. One unrelated thing - I noticed that version 3 no longer automatically sets bool datatypes to CellType of CheckBox - we have to do that explicitly. But so far it all looks good and was pretty painless Jason

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 11, 2005 01:04 PM UTC

We have a private build that has this problem fixed. If you submit a Direct Trac support incident, we can give you a download link to try out this patch if you would like.

JH Jason Hales January 11, 2005 01:29 PM UTC

Thanks Clay. Any idea when this will fix will make it into a general release. We''ve previously had a few problems using private builds. Jason

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 11, 2005 04:51 PM UTC

We are trying to learn our lesson and not forecast when releases will be. That said, there should be a point release later this month. I do not currently know if this release will be a public release or not.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 12, 2005 10:24 AM UTC

I totally understand ;-)

RF Richard Finch February 4, 2005 03:00 PM UTC

Does this bug also allow you to edit (delete key) the cells even though they are read only?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 6, 2005 08:50 PM UTC

Richard, I tried to reproduce this. I added the following line in the GroupCustomers example: this.groupingGrid1.TableDescriptor.Columns["ContactName"].ReadOnly = true; After adding that line editing ContactName is not possible anymore, e.g. got to a record and move current cell to ContactName and press Delete. What''s the steps you used to reproduce the behavior you describe? Thanks, Stefan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon