We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Bug in DockingManager..

I am using SyncFusion 3.1, this is what i did.. 1. created a new panel control 2. placed a docking manager control on form 3. assign the docking manager to panel control 4. assigned a new caption through DockLable property using Property designer.. 5. Close the form 6. Open the Form in design mode, the panel caption disappears.. The same code was working fine in 2.1, its only upgrading to 3.1 the problem erupted.. Regards Yogesh S

6 Replies

KH Kenton Hensley January 11, 2005 05:04 PM UTC

I had problems with the docked control captions in 2.X - the captions would reset to the control Name in the designer if you undocked and docked the panel. This issue remains in 3.0.1.0. That was easily remedied in code by using the SetDockLabel method but this code is no longer working in 3.0.1.0: Me.dckDockingManager.SetDockLabel(MyPanelControl, "MyCaption") -- Kenton >I am using SyncFusion 3.1, this is what i did.. > >1. created a new panel control >2. placed a docking manager control on form >3. assign the docking manager to panel control >4. assigned a new caption through DockLable property using Property designer.. >5. Close the form >6. Open the Form in design mode, the panel caption disappears.. > >The same code was working fine in 2.1, its only upgrading to 3.1 the problem erupted.. > >Regards >Yogesh S

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 17, 2005 06:32 AM UTC

Hi Yogesh and Kenton, This was a bug in version 3.0.1.0 and it has been fixed internally. The fix will be included in the patch release that will be available later this week. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >I had problems with the docked control captions in 2.X - the captions would reset to the control Name in the designer if you undocked and docked the panel. This issue remains in 3.0.1.0. > >That was easily remedied in code by using the SetDockLabel method but this code is no longer working in 3.0.1.0: > >Me.dckDockingManager.SetDockLabel(MyPanelControl, "MyCaption") > > >-- Kenton > > > > > >>I am using SyncFusion 3.1, this is what i did.. >> >>1. created a new panel control >>2. placed a docking manager control on form >>3. assign the docking manager to panel control >>4. assigned a new caption through DockLable property using Property designer.. >>5. Close the form >>6. Open the Form in design mode, the panel caption disappears.. >> >>The same code was working fine in 2.1, its only upgrading to 3.1 the problem erupted.. >> >>Regards >>Yogesh S

RB Ronda Bergman February 21, 2005 05:41 PM UTC

How can I get this patch? I am having the same problem. >Hi Yogesh and Kenton, > >This was a bug in version 3.0.1.0 and it has been fixed internally. The fix will be included in the patch release that will be available later this week. Thanks. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>I had problems with the docked control captions in 2.X - the captions would reset to the control Name in the designer if you undocked and docked the panel. This issue remains in 3.0.1.0. >> >>That was easily remedied in code by using the SetDockLabel method but this code is no longer working in 3.0.1.0: >> >>Me.dckDockingManager.SetDockLabel(MyPanelControl, "MyCaption") >> >> >>-- Kenton >> >> >> >> >> >>>I am using SyncFusion 3.1, this is what i did.. >>> >>>1. created a new panel control >>>2. placed a docking manager control on form >>>3. assign the docking manager to panel control >>>4. assigned a new caption through DockLable property using Property designer.. >>>5. Close the form >>>6. Open the Form in design mode, the panel caption disappears.. >>> >>>The same code was working fine in 2.1, its only upgrading to 3.1 the problem erupted.. >>> >>>Regards >>>Yogesh S

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 21, 2005 05:45 PM UTC

Hi Ronda, Please create a Direct-Trac incident and request our Beta build of v3.1. Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

SB Sandra Boyden July 28, 2005 05:41 PM UTC

I have version 3.2.1.1 and the SetDockLabel is still not working. When will this be fixed? It was working in 2.1.0.9, and I need this for localizing my app.

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team July 29, 2005 06:32 AM UTC

Hi Sandra, I am afraid; I was not able to reproduce your problem. This issue was broken in 3.0.1.0 but it was fixed in version 3.2.1.0 and I just verified that it was working properly in V3.2.1.1. Could you please take a look at this test sample and let me know if you if you see the problem. Thank you for your patience. Best regards, Vijay >I have version 3.2.1.1 and the SetDockLabel is still not working. > >When will this be fixed? It was working in 2.1.0.9, and I need this for localizing my app. DocklabelProb-CS_2233.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon