We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridDataBound Rocks...

Hi Clay, Based on your advise i went thru the GridPerf sample and accordingly did the following modification.. updation to grid is very fast and we are quite happy with the performance... GridDataBoundGrid symbolGrid = new GridDataBoundGrid(); symbolGrid.UseListChangedEvent=true; symbolGrid.ForceUpdateAfterListChangedEvent =false; symbolGrid.OptimizeInsertRemoveCells=true; symbolGrid.VerticalThumbTrack = true; symbolGrid.Binder.EnableAddNew=false; symbolGrid.Binder.EnableEdit=false; symbolGrid.Binder.EnableRemove=false; Is there any other setting that would further boost up the performance ? the application we are working is a trading application and there is continous update happening on grid every second... even a millisecond performance jump is a bonus for us ... Thx again for your help... Regards Yogi

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 7, 2005 08:56 PM UTC

Have you tried using a DataTableWrapperList to wrap your datasource (if it is a DataTable) to see if this will give you a little extra performance? The GridPerf sample has a setting for this.

JF Josh Franta August 12, 2014 10:55 PM UTC

I have a similiar trading application I'm trying to optimize for my grid databoundgrid.  

I've tried applying a datatablewrapper list to my table as in the gridperf example, but when i do this i get no columns nor rows in my table.

I've looked at the documentation for the DTWL class, but can't see there's any special usage.

Is there a requirement that I populate the table before I bind it to the wrapper?   without the wrapper, I update/reset it many times without recreating either the table object nor the grid.

any insights appreciated

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon