We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Two Docking Issues

Hi all I have two DockingManager - related issues: 1.) If I programmtically hide and then later redisplay a docked window, using SerDockVisibilty, is it possible to specify at this point whether or not the dockwindow should display in AutoHide mode? At the moment I am calling SerDockVisibilty and then following that up with a call to SetAutoHideMode. This results in a nasty "flicker" however, as the dock window momentarily appears at full size before "sliding" back to the auto-hidden position. What I want is the equivalent of the design time extender property "AutoHideOnLoad" which simply displays the dockwindow already autohidden. 2.) Is it possible to programmatically set precedence for two docking windows? I have two dockwindows on a form, one docked to the left edge and one to the bottom. What I want to do is ensure that if the bottom dockwindow is taken out of autohide mode, it will always display over the top of the left-edge dock window. The only way to do it that I can see at the moment is to, at design time, add the control to go in the bottom dock window first, followed by the control to be docekd to the left edge. This falls over if both have to be hidden and then re-displayed during the course of the form instance's life, however. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Stephen Lee

2 Replies

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team January 7, 2003 07:36 PM UTC

Hi Stephen, I am sorry, but it is not possible to implement either behavior without involving significant changes to the docking windows code base itself. However, regarding the second issue I am surprised that you have to force the control to take precedence. This is because if the bottom docked control occupied the full lower border before entering the autohide mode, it should return to this same position when the autohide mode is exited. Thus setting this particular layout at design time/programmatically will ensure that the state is maintained during autohide changes. Are you noticing behavior that does not conform to this? If so, then please elaborate. Prakash Syncfusion, Inc.

SL Stephen Lee January 7, 2003 09:48 PM UTC

Hi Prakash, thanks for your reply. Having looked at the second issue, I think I have it fixed now - I was programmatically hiding the two dock windows in the wrong order, so that when they were later redisplayed, the windows' precedence had changed. It's a pity we can't get rid of the Autohide "flicker", however. Thanks again, Stephen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon