We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

HiLoOpenClose Chart

I have created a HiLoOpenClose chart. I add the values using the following: Series.Points.Add(date, new double[] {item1, item2, item3, item4}); I am wondering what order to put my items in when adding. I cannot find in the documentation or test project the proper order for high, low, close and open. I can guess, but I would like to be sure.

6 Replies

KM kevin musters January 7, 2005 11:59 AM UTC

I was also wondering if I could get some help with the formatting for this chart. I have the Date for the x-axis, and the values for the corresponding Dates are correct, but the date value is not shown, only an incrementing numerical value. thanks

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team January 7, 2005 03:59 PM UTC

Hi, The Y values for the HiLoOpenClose are interpreted as follows: 1.High value of the plotted stock for the time period for which the chart is being rendered 2.Low value for that period 3.Opening value for that period 4.Closing value for that period Please try setting the Indexed property of the ChartControl to false to display real values along the X axis. Regards, Davis

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 7, 2005 04:33 PM UTC

Thanks, that has lead me in the right direction, although setting the Indexed Property is not what I want. I have created a ChartLabelModel from the IChartAxisLabelModel but there is something weird happening when I used DateTime values along the X-Axis. I have set the ChartControl.ValueType to ChartValueType.DateTime in order to use the ChartLabelModel. What is happening is that all the dates begin at 1899 and increase from there. I tested a value of DateTime.Now as my chart x-axis, and it returned an incorrect date from 1901. Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround? Thanks,

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team January 11, 2005 09:52 AM UTC

Hi, The dates appear wrong if the ChartControl.Indexed property is set to true. Please try setting this property to be false and the X axis values should appear correctly. Thank you for your patience. Regards, Davis

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 11, 2005 06:32 PM UTC

Thanks, the dates are displaying correctly now. I am wondering if I can get a date to display for every item in the chart. Instead of 5 dates for the entire range. Thanks,

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team January 11, 2005 07:55 PM UTC

Hi, You can control the Axis Range and Interval after the range is computed: this.chartControl1.PrimaryXAxis.DateTimeRange = new ChartDateTimeRange(this.chartControl1.PrimaryXAxis.DateTimeRange.Start, this.chartControl1.PrimaryXAxis.DateTimeRange.End, 1, ChartDateTimeIntervalType.Days); To prevent labels from overlapping: this.chartControl1.PrimaryXAxis.LabelRotate = true; this.chartControl1.PrimaryXAxis.LabelRotateAngle = 90; Regards, Davis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon