We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Unique ordering of groups

Hello, I would like to group 1 column in a grouping grid (the Fruit Column), but I dont want the groups to be displayed in alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order. I need them to be listed in rank order. For example:- (Alphabetical) Fruits:- 5 Items Fruit Rank Apple - 2Items 2 Banana - 1Items 1 Orange - 3Items 4 Peach - 2Items 5 Pear - 1Items 3 I need something like :- (although the rank column will not be displayed) Banana - 1Items 1 Apple - 2Items 2 Pear - 1Items 3 Orange - 3Items 4 Peach - 1Items 5 These fruits have a certain rank and I need to sort them by that rank, but need the "Fruit Column" to be grouped. I know I can group by the rank column and manually modify the summary row to give the correct information, while hiding the rank column. But I would like to know if you have added any changes to allow somebody to do this another way in Version 3? Thanks, David.

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 6, 2005 01:03 PM UTC

Another way to do this is to cresate your own Categorizer and Comparer object. This KB has a sample. http://64.78.18.34/Support/article.aspx?id=10507

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon