We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docking Manager problems during upgrade to 3.0.1.0

I am having a problem with the upgrade to 3.0.1.0. I installed it side by side. When I try to start up my application, I get runtime serialization errors saying "Member AutoHideIndex was not found" and "Member IsSelectedPage was not found." Also, when I try to load up a saved dockstate (one that was saved with 3.0.1.0), I get the error " File or assembly name Syncfusion.Tools.Windows, or one of its dependencies, was not found." I have checked the references and I only have references to Syncfusion.Core, Syncfusion.Edit.Windows.legacy, Syncfusion.Grid.Base / Windows, Syncfusion.Shared.Base / Windows and Syncfusion.Tools.Windows. I was having problems where the old version of the Tools dll was loading up at startup. I traced that to the licenses.licx file. I have gone through all of the licenses.licx files and deleted references to 2.0.5.1, but the errors are still happening. If I create a new application with a grid and the docking manager, I have no problems. How should I upgrade my old code base?

4 Replies

JK Justin Koh January 6, 2005 01:51 PM UTC

I tried to force the docking manager to rewrite the layout stream in the resx file and by doing so, got rid of the serialization errors. However, I am still having the file not found problem with Syncfusion.Tools.Windows. I have uninstalled 2.0.5.1 as well.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 6, 2005 03:22 PM UTC

Hi Justin, We will address the first level exceptions in the next patch. There were quite a few changes made to the serialization code in the docking manager for version 3.1 and it has introdcued these bugs. You can expect a patch early next week.Thanks. Sorry for the inconvenience. Best regards, Stephen. >I tried to force the docking manager to rewrite the layout stream in the resx file and by doing so, got rid of the serialization errors. However, I am still having the file not found problem with Syncfusion.Tools.Windows. I have uninstalled 2.0.5.1 as well.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 22, 2005 03:22 PM UTC

I am also having these problems. Do you have the patch ready by now?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 22, 2005 03:24 PM UTC

Hi, Please create a DirectTrac incident and request our latest build. Regards, Gregory Austin Syncfusion Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon