We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SetDockLabel fails

Hi, I am just playing around with the 3.0.1.0 release of the suite and it seems that SetDockLabel() is not always functioning correctly. I have a form set up with 4 docking panels. One docks on top of the other three which are docked as three tabs. What is strange is the last panel of the three panels does not accept the label set through SetDockLabel(). I go into designer, set the label, check the source code and the resx file (we have localized forms enabled) and find the correct label. I close the designer and reopen and the panel comes back with a docking label that matches the panel''s name (panelExtFunds instead of External Funds) Any help/input would be appreciated TIA Regards Kai Iske

3 Replies

KI Kai Iske January 6, 2005 03:48 AM UTC

Hi, just to get this topic up to speed: I have found a possible reason why SetDockLabel fails. It seems to have anything to do with how the Designer serializes the code to InitializeComponent(). For the panel that had the wrong label on it, SetDockLabel() was called on the DockingManager before SetEnableDocking was ever called for the panel. Also I have noticed that the DockLabel extended property is not localizable. We''re using localizable forms but the label gets serialized into code rathe than the form''s resx file. Regards Kai Iske

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 6, 2005 03:29 PM UTC

Hi Kai, Thanks for the detailed information. We will try to address these issues as soon as possible. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >Hi, > >just to get this topic up to speed: I have found a possible reason why SetDockLabel fails. It seems to have anything to do with how the Designer serializes the code to InitializeComponent(). For the panel that had the wrong label on it, SetDockLabel() was called on the DockingManager before SetEnableDocking was ever called for the panel. > >Also I have noticed that the DockLabel extended property is not localizable. We''re using localizable forms but the label gets serialized into code rathe than the form''s resx file. > >Regards > >Kai Iske

BC Bryant Cobarrubias March 8, 2005 01:31 AM UTC

The only work around I found was to un-dock all my controls and re-enable docking. Does anyone know of a better workaround. Also, any word on an actual fix?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon