We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Custom Cell Type

I'm trying to create a custom cell type based on an Html Editor control I have (which is a wrapper on the MSHTML editor). I've used the source for GridTextBoxCellModel and GridTextBoxCellRenderer as a starting point but I've gotten nowhere. This code uses too many protected/internal fields from the GridCellRendererBase which I don't have access to. What I really want is a very simple way to specify that I want my cell type to be a specific control.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 3, 2003 10:02 PM UTC

You should use the GridInCell example as a starting point instead. For drawing the HTML content when the cell is inactive you will have to do this using the IViewObject interface of the HTML control. This is not a trivial task. But we are working on infrastructure to simplify adding custom cell types from existing .NET control and we'll have samples then for displaying html in a cell, rich text etc. with version 2.0. Stefan

GU guillermo replied to Chris Frolik March 16, 2018 10:04 PM UTC

I'm trying to create a custom cell type based on an Html Editor control I have (which is a wrapper on the MSHTML editor). I've used the source for GridTextBoxCellModel and GridTextBoxCellRenderer as a starting point but I've gotten nowhere. This code uses too many protected/internal fields from the GridCellRendererBase which I don't have access to. What I really want is a very simple way to specify that I want my cell type to be a specific control.

muchas gracias

AR Arulpriya Ramalingam Syncfusion Team March 19, 2018 04:19 AM UTC

Hi Guillermo, 

Please let us know, whether you need any further technical assistance. 

Regards, 
Arulpriya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon