We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TreeViewAdv problem : with the semi-transparent image (2.0.5.1)

Hi, I have a display problem when clicking on items in a TreeViewAdv control that enables the Drag&Drop (version 2.0.5.1). It can be reproduced with the following sample (Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.0.5.1\Tools\Samples\Tree Package\TreeViewAdvDragDrop). Open the application. Click on a country (take the last one for example) and don''t start the drag. The semi-transparent image of the selected node (here the country name) is drawn below the node (even if the D&D is not started). That image stays there until a real drag & drop operation is started. This is not systematic but happen very often (you should try till you have it). It seems like it is trying to D&D over itself and display the semi-transparent image there. Any idea to turn around this problem is welcome. Regards Mario

6 Replies

MW Martin Webrant January 3, 2005 06:02 AM UTC

It happend a lot with that version, but it happens more rarely in 2.1.0.9. >Hi, > >I have a display problem when clicking on items in a TreeViewAdv control that enables the Drag&Drop (version 2.0.5.1). > >It can be reproduced with the following sample (Syncfusion\Essential Suite\2.0.5.1\Tools\Samples\Tree Package\TreeViewAdvDragDrop). > >Open the application. >Click on a country (take the last one for example) and don''t start the drag. >The semi-transparent image of the selected node (here the country name) is drawn below the node (even if the D&D is not started). >That image stays there until a real drag & drop operation is started. > >This is not systematic but happen very often (you should try till you have it). >It seems like it is trying to D&D over itself and display the semi-transparent image there. > >Any idea to turn around this problem is welcome. >Regards >Mario

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 3, 2005 09:55 PM UTC

Hi Mario, I have extensively tested for this issue using our latest release v3.0.1.0, but could not see such a behavior. v2.0.5.1 is very old, and we strongly recommed you to upgrade to our latest release - v3.0.1.0 from the link below : Essential Suite 3.0 final release is now available Let me know if you continue to experience this problem in our latest release. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

MW Martin Webrant January 4, 2005 08:27 AM UTC

It''s still there in 3.0.1.0 and can still be prevented by using ShowDragNodeCue = false. But it''s quite ugly when you drag then... I think it''s some bug when using the popupmenu to abort when you start dragging. >Hi Mario, > >I have extensively tested for this issue using our latest release v3.0.1.0, but could not see such a behavior. v2.0.5.1 is very old, and we strongly recommed you to upgrade to our latest release - v3.0.1.0 from the link below : > >Essential Suite 3.0 final release is now available > >Let me know if you continue to experience this problem in our latest release. We appreciate your cooperation. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 4, 2005 07:38 PM UTC

Hi Martin, I have tested this is in our TreeViewAdvDragDrop sample in v3.0.1.0 as explained in the steps below : 1. Open the application. 2. Click on a country and don''t start the drag - I MouseDown (left button) only and have not started the drag. I do not see the alpha blended image of the node here. The image appears only when I move the mouse with my left mouse button pressed down. Please let me know if I am missing something here. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 7, 2005 05:46 AM UTC

Hi Guru & Martin, If the problem is still in the latest version (I will upgrade to the new version later), you need to insist to reproduce the problem. I just retried now and it happens for the first time after more the 20 clicks on various country names. So when I clicked on Japan, the semi-transparent image (with Japan in grayed) is put just on Netherland (see joined treeview.jpg file). That image will remain on the screen even if you moved the application (see treeview_moved.jpg file). The only way to make it disappear is to really start a drag & drop on a country. Martin, can you confirm you have the same behavior on the new version? Thanks for helping on that issue because doing a drag & drop without the semi-transparent image is annoying. Mario treeview_8934.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 7, 2005 03:25 PM UTC

Hi, Thanks for the update and the screenshots. We have been able to recreate this issue in v3.0.1.0, and have an open QA report# 799 on the same. We will try our very best to address this issue at the earliest. We appreciate your feedback, and thanks for your patience. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon