We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Docking Panel autohide issue

We have a form (not MDI) that has a docking manager, a dockingclientpanel containing a [syncfusion] grid control, and several panels docked together on the left side of the form. When the panels are set to autohide, everything works fine if you mouse over the tab; then when you leave the panel area, it goes away as it should. HOWEVER, if you click on anything in the panel, then it does not go away when you click back on the grid. Was this intentional, or did I find a new bug?

13 Replies

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team January 5, 2003 06:48 PM UTC

Steve, This looks like a bug. The correct behavior is that when focus is removed from a locked autohidden control by clicking elsewhere, the control should revert to the hidden mode. I checked the SDIDemo sample, and it appears that only those autohidden controls that are aligned along the left border of the form exhibit this problem. Is this the same condition that you are observing in your application? Prakash Syncfusion, Inc.

SW Steve Weixel January 6, 2003 11:49 AM UTC

Yes, from your description, that is the same problem.

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team January 6, 2003 01:12 PM UTC

Steve, The problem has been fixed. The next revision to Essential Tools (due around the 3rd week of January) will include the fix. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Prakash Syncfusion, Inc

TL Tom Le Blanc April 29, 2003 06:52 PM UTC

Unfortunately, it looks like it either didn't get fixed, or the 1.5.2.0 upgrade recreated the problem--in spades. Now the window that is unpinned will not autohide even if the focus gets transfered to one of the other windows. Thanks, Tom

TL Tom Le Blanc April 30, 2003 07:57 PM UTC

The panel only autohides when one moves the mouse over the blank tab strip area. This is when our form is called as a Dialog. When we call the form in a different manner (passing it the host and docking manager in the constructor) the autohide works fine. Any thoughts? Thanks, Tom

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team May 5, 2003 12:37 PM UTC

Hi Tom, I am somewhat confused by your description of how the DockingManager is being used in your application. If possible, please send a small sample that shows the problem. This will make it much easier for us to look into and fix this issue. Thanks, Prakash Syncfusion, Inc

RO Robin June 10, 2004 05:50 PM UTC

I have version 2.0 of essential tools and am seeing the same problem here: a hidden docked panel is rolled over and it opens, a selection is made within the panel and then the mouse is rolled out. The docking panel does not hide again, but it should. I do not see a resolution here, please respond. Thanks.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 10, 2004 09:54 PM UTC

Hi Robin, I have tested for this here, and would like to confirm that this issue has been taken care of in our latest release v2.0.5.1. Please refer to the sample attached that illustrates this, and let me know if I have understood your problem correctly. If not, kindly modify the sample to show the problem that you are facing, and send it to us so that we can take a look at it. Also let me know the version of Essential Suite that you are using. We appreciate your cooperation on this issue. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 17, 2004 02:59 PM UTC

Thank you for the response. Before I check this out you should know that I have version 2.0.5.0. Was there a fix in version 2.0.5.1 or should my version work? >Hi Robin, > >I have tested for this here, and would like to confirm that this issue has been taken care of in our latest release v2.0.5.1. Please refer to the sample attached that illustrates this, and let me know if I have understood your problem correctly. If not, kindly modify the sample to show the problem that you are facing, and send it to us so that we can take a look at it. > >Also let me know the version of Essential Suite that you are using. We appreciate your cooperation on this issue. > >Regards, >Guru Patwal >Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team June 23, 2004 05:26 PM UTC

Hi Robin, Sorry for the delay in responding. I tested the sample with version 2.0.5.0 and it seems to work fine. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >Thank you for the response. Before I check this out you should know that I have version 2.0.5.0. Was there a fix in version 2.0.5.1 or should my version work? > >>Hi Robin, >> >>I have tested for this here, and would like to confirm that this issue has been taken care of in our latest release v2.0.5.1. Please refer to the sample attached that illustrates this, and let me know if I have understood your problem correctly. If not, kindly modify the sample to show the problem that you are facing, and send it to us so that we can take a look at it. >> >>Also let me know the version of Essential Suite that you are using. We appreciate your cooperation on this issue. >> >>Regards, >>Guru Patwal >>Syncfusion, Inc.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 3, 2004 04:20 PM UTC

I have noticed this same problem in version 3.0.0.19. It manifests itself in both the SDIDemo and the ahtest sample. Is there a workaround or fix? Bill >Hi Robin, > >Sorry for the delay in responding. I tested the sample with version 2.0.5.0 and it seems to work fine. Thanks. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>Thank you for the response. Before I check this out you should know that I have version 2.0.5.0. Was there a fix in version 2.0.5.1 or should my version work? >> >>>Hi Robin, >>> >>>I have tested for this here, and would like to confirm that this issue has been taken care of in our latest release v2.0.5.1. Please refer to the sample attached that illustrates this, and let me know if I have understood your problem correctly. If not, kindly modify the sample to show the problem that you are facing, and send it to us so that we can take a look at it. >>> >>>Also let me know the version of Essential Suite that you are using. We appreciate your cooperation on this issue. >>> >>>Regards, >>>Guru Patwal >>>Syncfusion, Inc.

BH Bob Hogan December 6, 2004 04:18 PM UTC

I am having the same problem in v2.1.0.9, I think. After clicking in the un-auto-hidden window, I have to either hover over the left margin strip, or click in some other window. Shouldn''t the auto-hideable window autohide itself after the mouse leaves it? My observation is that the problem mode seems to be instigated by making another docked control visible programmatically, i.e. "dockingManager.SetDockVisibility( someOtherWindow, true );"

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 10, 2004 05:35 PM UTC

Hi, Thanks for reporting this issue. I was able to see that the when the AutoHidden Panel was selected and then when clicked on the form it didnt not cause the Autohidden panel to slide back inside. I have created a bug report with the development team. We will fix this issue before the next release. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >I am having the same problem in v2.1.0.9, I think. After clicking in the un-auto-hidden window, I have to either hover over the left margin strip, or click in some other window. Shouldn''t the auto-hideable window autohide itself after the mouse leaves it? My observation is that the problem mode seems to be instigated by making another docked control visible programmatically, i.e. "dockingManager.SetDockVisibility( someOtherWindow, true );"

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon