We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Checkbox in Column Header of GGC

How do I change a column header of GGC to be a checkbox that can listen to check/uncheck event?

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 30, 2004 06:59 AM UTC

You can use QueryCellStyleInfo to set the checkbox into a single header cell. You will need to have a varaible that maintains the value of this checkbox as well. You can set this in a TableControlCellClick event.
private bool col2Check = false;
private void gridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo(object sender, GridTableCellStyleInfoEventArgs e)
{
	if(e.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.ColumnHeaderCell 
		&& e.TableCellIdentity.Column.Name == "Col2")
	{
		e.Style.CellType = "CheckBox";
		e.Style.Description = e.Style.Text;
		e.Style.CellValue = this.col2Check;
		e.Style.Enabled = true;
		//e.Style.BackColor = SystemColors.Window;
		//e.Style.CellAppearance = GridCellAppearance.Raised;
	}
}

private void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCellClick(object sender, GridTableControlCellClickEventArgs e)
{
	GridTableCellStyleInfo style = e.TableControl.Model[e.Inner.RowIndex, e.Inner.ColIndex];
	if(style.TableCellIdentity.TableCellType == GridTableCellType.ColumnHeaderCell 
		&& style.TableCellIdentity.Column.Name == "Col2")
	{
		this.col2Check = !this.col2Check;
		e.Inner.Cancel = true;
	}
}

LA Lance December 30, 2004 10:53 AM UTC

thanks! it worked well. didn''t know that i have to use code to set the check state of the checkbox. i was able to set the checkbox property from tabledescriptor->columns->[columnname]->appearance->columnheadercell

SR Shankar Ramasubramanian March 8, 2005 08:49 PM UTC

Clay, I have check boxes in the header cell of nested table. Then I need Col2Check variable to be a array of boolean values. My question to you is How do i get the row index of the parent table so i can store whether the check box is checked or not.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 8, 2005 11:52 PM UTC

style.TableCellIdentity.ParentRecord will give you a reference to the parent record. You can then use this reference to get the row index in the parent table of a nested table. Example: Record r = style.TableCellIdentity.ParentRecord; int rowIndex = r.ParantTable.DisplayElements.IndexOf(r); Stefan >Clay, > I have check boxes in the header cell of nested table. Then I need Col2Check variable to be a array of boolean values. My question to you is How do i get the row index of the parent table so i can store whether the check box is checked or not.

SR Shankar Ramasubramanian March 9, 2005 03:09 PM UTC

stefan, I''m trying to get parent record in QueryCellStyleInfo event. ParentRecord is always nothing. Any suggestion. Thanks

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 9, 2005 06:59 PM UTC

Shankar, when the current context is that the element is a column header row of a nested table and you want to get the record that this nested table belongs to, you could do this: Element columnHeaderRow; ChildTable childTable = columnHeaderRow.ParentChildTable; NestedTable nestedTable = childTable.ParentNestedTable; Record parentRecord = nestedTable.ParentRecord; The key is to get first the ChildTable.ParentNestedTable and on that nested table call ParentRecord. Stefan >stefan, > I''m trying to get parent record in QueryCellStyleInfo event. ParentRecord is always nothing. Any suggestion. Thanks

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon