I have some doubts using GridControl ( I dont want Databound Grid)
1. I need to have a GridControl as a User control in my project. I dont know how to do it. i.e If I change any colors, or styles of the grid in the user control it should reflect in the whole project.
2. Can we able to do modification in the design time rather than in the run time.
3. How to have a Radio button in the grid during the design time.
4. I am not able to change the Column Heading in the design time.
Thanks and Regards
ADAdministrator Syncfusion Team December 30, 2004 01:39 AM
1) We do not support visual inheritance for our GridControl so you will not be able to have a grid in a user control and design it on the UserControl in another project. (Visual inheritance is supported for some of our Tools controls, but not the GridControl).
You can derive the grid, and place your derived grid on a windows control library project and be able to use that derived grid from your toolbox in a desinable fashion in other projects.
2)In a derived GridControl, you can set most properties at design time.
3) You can set the CellType to RadioButton at design time, but currently cannot set the ChoiceList at design time. You would have to do this at runtime currently.
4) To change a colum header, first set the AllowSelections property so it excludes Columns. (You can later reset this if you want your grid to allow column selections, but it must be off while you change the header text). Then with the interactive mode turned off, you can click the column header and change the Text property in the CellStyle.