We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Embedded forms; PDF Reader

I''ve experimented with the IPDFForm interface and the CreateTextBox() method, which seems to work well. But, of course Adobe Reader will not permit saving user-input text entered into these fields. It would be very useful to be able to create a PDF "Reader" that would permit users to enter text into these text boxes, check boxes, etc. and then save the resulting PDF back to a file. This would require being able to read a PDF document as well as write it. Another user mentioned the value of this, and I too would like to advocate it, particularly for form entry type applications. Regards, --Van Baker

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 28, 2004 06:48 PM UTC

Hi Van, Thanks for your feedback. According to our current development schedule, we will be adding support for filling Acroform fields in existing PDF files [Read support]using Essential PDF in the next 4-6 weeks, so you would be able to get input from users using windows forms controls like textbox, combobox etc and fill in the PDF forms dynamically. However we do not have any immediate plans to create a complete PDF Viewer component that would allow the user to fill in and save acroforms. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. Best regards, Stephen. >I''ve experimented with the IPDFForm interface and the CreateTextBox() method, which seems to work well. But, of course Adobe Reader will not permit saving user-input text entered into these fields. > >It would be very useful to be able to create a PDF "Reader" that would permit users to enter text into these text boxes, check boxes, etc. and then save the resulting PDF back to a file. > >This would require being able to read a PDF document as well as write it. Another user mentioned the value of this, and I too would like to advocate it, particularly for form entry type applications. > >Regards, >--Van Baker

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team February 20, 2005 02:05 PM UTC

Any info on the release of the form functionality? >Hi Van, > >Thanks for your feedback. > >According to our current development schedule, we will be adding support for filling Acroform fields in existing PDF files [Read support]using Essential PDF in the next 4-6 weeks, so you would be able to get input from users using windows forms controls like textbox, combobox etc and fill in the PDF forms dynamically. However we do not have any immediate plans to create a complete PDF Viewer component that would allow the user to fill in and save acroforms. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. > >Best regards, > >Stephen. > >>I''ve experimented with the IPDFForm interface and the CreateTextBox() method, which seems to work well. But, of course Adobe Reader will not permit saving user-input text entered into these fields. >> >>It would be very useful to be able to create a PDF "Reader" that would permit users to enter text into these text boxes, check boxes, etc. and then save the resulting PDF back to a file. >> >>This would require being able to read a PDF document as well as write it. Another user mentioned the value of this, and I too would like to advocate it, particularly for form entry type applications. >> >>Regards, >>--Van Baker

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon