We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DataGrid general questions

Hello everybody I have the followign questions. 1. How can I use a custom control (derived from .net controls) as a cell editor. 2. Can I use Virtual Grid with various cell types eg "ComboBox". What else I have to implement? 3. Can I select which fields to be displayed in a DataBound GridListBox. Thank you. :)

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 20, 2004 08:13 AM UTC

1) If you only want a single cell to have this particular derived control, then you can set the style.CellType = "Control" and style.Control = yourControlInstance. If you want to share your control among manay cells, then you will have to derive cell renderer and cellmodel classes that use you control. Take a look at the grid\samples\celltypes\calendar (or slider or ??) in the samples we ship. 2) Yes. In QueryCellInfo, you would set e.Style.CellType to specify the cell (in addition to any other style properties you may need for the celltype). 3) There are two ways to do this. One is to set up your datasource only to contain the fileds you want through the Select statemnt when you get the data. The only is to set the gridListControl1.Grid.Cols.Hidden[colIndex] = true for the columns you want to hide.

SI simos December 20, 2004 08:35 AM UTC

>1) If you only want a single cell to have this particular derived control, then you can set the style.CellType = "Control" and style.Control = yourControlInstance. > >If you want to share your control among manay cells, then you will have to derive cell renderer and cellmodel classes that use you control. Take a look at the grid\samples\celltypes\calendar (or slider or ??) in the samples we ship. > >2) Yes. In QueryCellInfo, you would set e.Style.CellType to specify the cell (in addition to any other style properties you may need for the celltype). > >3) There are two ways to do this. One is to set up your datasource only to contain the fileds you want through the Select statemnt when you get the data. The only is to set the gridListControl1.Grid.Cols.Hidden[colIndex] = true for the columns you want to hide.

SI simos December 20, 2004 08:39 AM UTC

>1) If you only want a single cell to have this particular derived control, then you can set the style.CellType = "Control" and style.Control = yourControlInstance. > >If you want to share your control among manay cells, then you will have to derive cell renderer and cellmodel classes that use you control. Take a look at the grid\samples\celltypes\calendar (or slider or ??) in the samples we ship. > >2) Yes. In QueryCellInfo, you would set e.Style.CellType to specify the cell (in addition to any other style properties you may need for the celltype). > >3) There are two ways to do this. One is to set up your datasource only to contain the fileds you want through the Select statemnt when you get the data. The only is to set the gridListControl1.Grid.Cols.Hidden[colIndex] = true for the columns you want to hide. Thank you for your prompt response.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon