We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Unhandled Exception - License Error

I''m getting the following message after trying to run a debug version of a program I call "GridTest": An unhandled exception of type ''System.ComponentModel.LicenseException'' occurred in system.dll Additional information: A valid license cannot be granted for the type Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridModel. Contact the manufacturer of the component for more information. I am trying to evaluate the 3.0.0.19 version of Essential Grid. I have installed the package that I downloaded from the website. I received an evaluation key and copied it in when asked during install. I read about embedding the license resource when using managed C++ .Net and created the file "GridTest.exe.licenses" from the licenses.licx file, added the reference to embed the "GridTest.exe.licenses" file, and rebuilt the project. The form and project are very simple: a form with a grid control placed on it. No additional modifications. I have also gone through the assembly manager utility and installed the v1.1 .Net Framework versions of the Syncfusion assemblies. And, I have rebuilt several sample projects in C# and they work fine. What do I need to do extra in a managed C++ .Net Forms project? Someone please help. I like the package very much and need to start using it this weekend, but without having the ability to evaluate it via programming, I may have to choose something else. Signed -- Desparate!!!

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 18, 2004 09:05 AM UTC

I have forwarded this post to our license engineer. It may be that you will not be able to use the evaluation version with managed C++. But, I do not know for sure, and is why I have forwarded your question to the proper person. In general, evaluation users cannot deploy applications they build using the eval version. They can only be run on a system with the evaluation installed. This limitation may be coming into play with MCPP users who normally need to embed the license to get things to run.

DW Dean Wittmann December 18, 2004 07:46 PM UTC

I uninstalled the eval version of 3.0.0.19 and installed the eval version 2.1.0.10. I was successful in creating and running the 2.1.0.10 version, so I can at least start my layout. From what I have read, the 3.0 release version is supposed to be out on Monday. And I''m ready to check it out whenever it becomes available. If the eval version of the new released version of 3.0 Grid does not allow me to create and run a Grid with Visual Studio C++ .Net 2003, then, as long as the company can guarantee me that a bought version can, then I will buy it.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 20, 2004 03:08 PM UTC

I heard back from the license engineer. You will be able to use the 3.0 release with managed C++. There should be no licensing problems with the full product. But you cannot use the 3.0 eval with MCPP.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon