We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Undo/Redo

Hi, I am doing Undo/Redo But Undo of the cell is happening but the Redo is not. I did following steps similar to the Undo Redo sample: this.m_PretestListingGrid.Model.CommandStack.Undo(); this.m_PretestListingGrid.Model.CommandStack.Redo(); After Undo when i checked the redo stack it is zero this.m_PretestListingGrid.Model.CommandStack.RedoStack.Count; Any idea why this is happening Thankz Pratiksha

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 17, 2004 09:29 AM UTC

Do you see the problem in our sample? It may have something to do with how you are triggerring the undo/redo. If you are using menu items or toolbar button, then the action is not triggerring validation. At the beginning of your menu/button handlers, try calling this.Invalidate() to see if this makes things work. If you can upload a sample showing the problem, we can try to debug it here.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 20, 2004 07:23 AM UTC

hi, When i analysed below, I have PreprateviewStyleInfo in that i have following 3 lines If i comment out thses lines Redo works. Means they can not be done simultaneously? Where these 3 lines should be called so that m_PretestListingGrid.Model.Cols.FreezeRange(0,1); m_PretestListingGrid.Model.Cols.FreezeSelection(); //Hide the first column m_PretestListingGrid.Model.Cols.Hidden[0] = true; Where can above piece of the code called? because when i do cut insert column or cut insert row in every case i have to set these properties. >Do you see the problem in our sample? > >It may have something to do with how you are triggerring the undo/redo. If you are using menu items or toolbar button, then the action is not triggerring validation. At the beginning of your menu/button handlers, try calling this.Invalidate() to see if this makes things work. > >If you can upload a sample showing the problem, we can try to debug it here.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 20, 2004 08:04 AM UTC

You should not do such code in PrepareViewStyleInfo as that event is raised too often for such code. I would wrap this code in a method, and then call this method whenever you need to, say after the line of code that you are using to cut/insert a row or column.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon